IGNORED

Rehab buck

Northjerseyoutdoorsman

Great story, thanks for sharing.  Eight years ago I missed gun seasons in PA and NJ due to open heart surgery to repair damage caused by radiation for cancer. I missed hunting so much that the next rifle season a year later, a 1.5 year old spike walked down the trail on opening day and made my heart pound like it was about to be my first deer ever. I shot it with a big smile on my face. He would normally have gotten a pass, but not that year. 

I feel your pain, man.  Literally.

I kissed asphalt on my motorcycle last year on 6/7/20.  Head fracture to my right radius, and I am right-handed.  Did PT, was in a Dynabrace (torture), and didn't regain full extension of my right arm.  Hurt like a mofo even through October last year.  I could not shoot my compound and lost a lot of confidence with it.

A couple of weeks ago I took my compound out of its case and shot it for the first time in almost two years.  First three shots weren't great, but I didn't expect them to be.  Now I am getting my groupings back to where they should be, and am out shooting it every day.  I forgot how much I missed shooting that bow.

I promise you this, your arm will feel a helluva' lot better next year.  It's amazing that you could take a decent buck with it now.  Good for you!  But I feel your pain.  I was in the exact same situation last year.

Congrats on the buck!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.