Trail Camera Recommendations

electricstart

7 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Any recommendations on a non cellular trail camera . No wi fi in my area . Under 100 dollars . I can spend more but just hate to leave  expensive stuff on public land ,

Thank You

Just so you know, cell cams do not run on WiFi. They use cellphone signal. 

if you decide on a cell camera know what cell service works best in the area the camera will be placed

for a reasonable price of $119 the Tactacam Reveal X is a great choice, no matter of the camera or brand protect your investment with a camlock box, pad lock, and python cable lock, lag bolt it or at the very least screw it to the tree 

28 minutes ago, BHC said:

if you decide on a cell camera know what cell service works best in the area the camera will be placed

for a reasonable price of $119 the Tactacam Reveal X is a great choice, no matter of the camera or brand protect your investment with a camlock box, pad lock, and python cable lock, lag bolt it or at the very least screw it to the tree 

Thank you

i might go with cell camera 

now I know it will work

16 minutes ago, electricstart said:

I do get cell service 

not great but it works 

no wi fi OnX maps only works on offline maps

OnX, which I have,  does not use WiFi as well. 
anyway if you were not getting cell cam because you have no WiFi, but you have cell phone service then go ahead and get one. 
I think you are confused between WiFi and cellphone signal 

Edited by Lunatic

32 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

What cell phone service do you have? You should check friends or family cell service at your property to see if another cell carrier is better there. 

Verizon Its very spotty in that area ,I think in my tree I have a couple of bars sometimes it can vary from one to two . I do use text and have made calls from the area where I hunt . I know a friend which leaves right there can not make calls no sure of his service though . One question if camera wont send a signal( reveal x) does it still take pics and send to a card . Pull card and read . If that is the case I can still use either way . 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Lunatic said:

OnX, which I have,  does not use WiFi as well. 
anyway if you were not getting cell cam because you have no WiFi, but you have cell phone service then go ahead and get one. 
I think you are confused between WiFi and cellphone signal 

Very Confused but learning thanks to you guys .

4 minutes ago, electricstart said:

Verizon Its very spotty in that area ,I think in my tree I have a couple of bars sometimes it can vary from one to two . I do use text and have made calls from the area where I hunt . I know a friend which leaves right there can not make calls no sure of his service though . One question if camera wont send a signal( reveal x) does it still take pics and send to a card . Pull card and read . If that is the case I can still use either way . 

Thanks 

Yes it will still send pics to card. It may send pics to app periodically as signal comes and goes but it may not be as consistent as if you had full strength. Either way camera will still take pics.

Cell cameras will get a slightly better signal then a cell phone cause of the extended antenna , as long as the camera has a signal it will send, all pictures are stored on the SD Card no matter the brand of the camera. Also no matter the brand lithium batteries are best if you decide to use batteries...., and if you decide on the Reveal X (decide quick as they sell out) make sure you get the correct SD Card, and when using WiFi on your phone in connection with the Reveal all you are doing is connecting the phone to the camera , it's a great feature and helps in setting it up correctly and quickly .

May I add if you hunt in bear country or you think you may have thieves in the area invest in a camlock box, along with a padlock and python cable lock, SD Card can be found on Amazon along with lithium batteries, and the lock box best price is here:  

https://www.herd360.com/collections/tactacam-reveal-cellular-trail-cameras/products/tactacam-reveal-x-security-box-by-camlockbox

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tactacam-reveal-x-trail-camera

image.thumb.png.aedee3821e30d43af26845fbfb4c0035.png

2 minutes ago, BHC said:

Cell cameras will get a slightly better signal then a cell phone cause of the extended antenna , as long as the camera has a signal it will send, all pictures are stored on the SD Card no matter the brand of the camera. Also no matter the brand lithium batteries are best if you decide to use batteries...., and if you decide on the Reveal X (decide quick as they sell out) make sure you get the correct SD Card, and when using WiFi on your phone in connection with the Reveal all you are doing is connecting the phone to the camera , it's a great feature and helps in setting it up correctly and quickly .

May I add if you hunt in bear country or you think you may have thieves in the area invest in a camlock box, along with a padlock and python cable lock, SD Card can be found on Amazon along with lithium batteries, and the lock box best price is here:  

https://www.herd360.com/collections/tactacam-reveal-cellular-trail-cameras/products/tactacam-reveal-x-security-box-by-camlockbox

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tactacam-reveal-x-trail-camera

image.thumb.png.aedee3821e30d43af26845fbfb4c0035.png

Thank You