IGNORED

Best Boot's For Wet Fields?

I took the dog to the dog training area at the wma yesterday and my "waterproof" work boots got absolutely soaked, it was like I was standing in a stream. I need a pair of light weight  boots that I can walk through soaking wet grass and mud with and actually stay dry. Any suggestions? 

43 minutes ago, Reeltight said:

I took the dog to the dog training area at the wma yesterday and my "waterproof" work boots got absolutely soaked, it was like I was standing in a stream. I need a pair of light weight  boots that I can walk through soaking wet grass and mud with and actually stay dry. Any suggestions? 

Any rubber boots but get insulated as when it gets winter time.....My pops surprised me with a pair of TideWe even though i have a pair for regular waterproof boots for hunting. They're VERY comfortable. Also - i recommed a pair of Cabelas bc i hear any issues no matter how long youve used them - if you get a tear in them theyll replace it. But its what i heard

1 hour ago, FeniQuest217 said:

Any rubber boots but get insulated as when it gets winter time.....My pops surprised me with a pair of TideWe even though i have a pair for regular waterproof boots for hunting. They're VERY comfortable. Also - i recommed a pair of Cabelas bc i hear any issues no matter how long youve used them - if you get a tear in them theyll replace it. But its what i heard

I don't see them on the Cabela's website. Amazon has them for $80.

28 minutes ago, Reeltight said:

I don't see them on the Cabela's website. Amazon has them for $80.

Sounds about right - you get what you pay for. I meant if you bought Cabelas brand boots thats their policy from what ive heard this replace anything that gets damaged. TideWe is just what i have and I enjoy them very much. But you're going to spend anywhere from 60$ or more for a quality set of boots. I also recommend stalking Camofire.com they have some good deals on boots occassionally. and of course, the best deals are always available in the off-season. 

If this is your main use and it's only for those wet grass days and you are really only walking grassy  fields... not crazy briar and multiflora rose.... then I would either get a nice uninsulated pair of knee high rubber boots.. several brands have been mentioned already or look at what tractor supply carries...they have some decent stuff

The other option is that you could keep your leather boots and use a rubber over boot... tingley makes nice stuff...

..BE WARNED .. I would not take the TINGLEY into briars, multiflora rose and similar cover.... recommend for  grass felds and light  brush only because they are relatively thin rubber but are very effective with certain uses.... also buy at least two sizes over normal boot size maybe three..because remember they are going over the leather ones... if not they will be almost impossible to use

2 hours ago, Whitetail31 said:

Crispi 

I used Crispis and gaiters this year for spring turkey and all of the deer season so far. My feet and legs up to my knees are dry. I don't think I will ever go back to rubber boots.
Although I don't think the boots are as good as they should be for the price, there are much better high end boots, but they are good enough for NJ hunting and they do keep you dry.