IGNORED

Deer Tracker Darren

Deer Tracker Darren

We ran 4 for 4 the last 2 days and even better each dog got in on the action. Thursday it was Rita and Theo, yesterday it was Axel and Callie. We've been pretty busy. I've went every day at least once since the opening day of the early bow season. I've taken 32 tracks with 16 recoveries.

#13 9 30 21.jpg

#14 9 30 21.jpg

#15 10 1 21.jpg

#16 10 1 21.jpg

Darren As said you guys are doing a great service to the community. .

yet at the same token seems your efforts are needed way more often than many think , and looks like most of the deer found are still beyond  edible .

as other threads have stated , hunters really need to spend more time on making better shot selection.

allowing quicker recovery and less game loss .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, Septicdude said:

The last two shots didnt look to bad as placement, I'm wondering if guys are just being lazy and not even trying to look for deer anymore.  It seems like if they don't see the deer fall they dont bother looking 

I've tracked 3 to 4 hours and recovered. It's in doubt I have to back out I would be there at the break of dawn oh daylight and recover,what a blessing. Coyotes were pretty well non-existent in those days! You are right about this new generation! I had a friend he used to piss me off forget about it I don't have time for this I have to get home.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

On 10/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, Septicdude said:

The last two shots didnt look to bad as placement, I'm wondering if guys are just being lazy and not even trying to look for deer anymore.  It seems like if they don't see the deer fall they dont bother looking 

You only see one hole. If they were entrance they are not too bad. If they exited further back then it would be one lung and liver. A tough tracking job if you don't wait at least 4 hours 

On 10/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, Septicdude said:

The 3rd deer was hit quarter to. They had gut on the ground and on the shaft. They were unsure an backed out. That deer would have been found by searching, but the dog made it much quicker.

The 4th deer has multiple knife wounds in it to finish it. It was hit was at 7 AM . I started at noon and we put the deer up, stopped and waited 30 minutes and restarted . I put the deer up a second time at about 40 yds and thought I would catch it in its next bed. We stopped for an hour and restarted , bumped the deer again and I quit and came back after hunting closed for the day so I wouldn't interfere with other hunters and got it 50 yds from where I parked it and it was still alive. It was low liver.