IGNORED

Awesome machine

LPJR

Was in the market for another backpack blower as ours just went after many years of use. Have a huge Little Wonder walk behind for the yard but wanted a smaller unit for the walks, driveway and gutters. 

After looking at many and doing research decided to go with the EGO 650 CFM handheld blower. 

Just charged the battery tonight and tried it. UNREAL how powerful it is, stronger than the backpack blower without a doubt. No more mixing gas, carb issues, etc. 

$299 brand new, lithium battery and charger included. 

Have to say I am shocked how well this unit works. Worth every penny..

https://egopowerplus.com/blower-650cfm/https://egopowerplus.com/

Edited by LPJR

I have one.  It is crazy powerful for the size of it.  Problem is battery on high/boost only lasts like 10-15 min.  I tried cycling between two batteries but not enough juice to do my 3/4 acres without stopping.  I eventually went gas and backpack blower, which fit the bill.  However the electric EGO is still used a lot for quick garage and driveway blowouts, walkways and deck, and for both leaves and snow.  Great tool and nice not to have to smell like exhaust.  Batteries sure are expensive though.  However I'm on year 7+ of using two almost every week or two. 

8 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I have one.  It is crazy powerful for the side of it.  Problem is battery on high/boost only lasts like 10-15 min.  I tried cycling between two batteries but not enough juice to do my 3/4 acres without stopping.  I eventually went gas and backpack blower, which fit the bill.  However the electric EGO is still used a lot for quick garage and driveway blowouts, walkways and deck, and for both leaves and snow.  Great tool and nice not to have to smell like exhaust.  Batteries sure are expensive though.  However I'm on year 7+ of using two almost every week or two. 

Good to know. The walks, driveway, gutters, and lake house were the reasons for getting it like you said Matt. The walk behind Little Wonder is for the heavy lifting in the yard when the leaves dump down....

a guy i work with bought a walk behind mower. he swears by it. he is mechanically incline but after dealing with that stuff all day long its nice to just get the yard work done when he gets home. and be done with it. 

i need a new leaf blower. i think its time to go electric.  my current leaf blower is probably 10 years old. it never starts and when it does it dies out after one min. or if i tilt it 

4 minutes ago, Kype said:

a guy i work with bought a walk behind mower. he swears by it. he is mechanically incline but after dealing with that stuff all day long its nice to just get the yard work done when he gets home. and be done with it. 

i need a new leaf blower. i think its time to go electric.  my current leaf blower is probably 10 years old. it never starts and when it does it dies out after one min. or if i tilt it 

So funny you said this Kype. My backpack worked great but was recently becoming a big PIA. Was so over it actually, then a part on the carb just HAPPENED to break---hahaha! 

Was refreshing to install the battery pack and go with zero issues or fuel stink tonight ha...

7 hours ago, Kype said:

Sounds like a carb issue which isn't hard to fix. The walk behind models are great for the heavy layer of leaves. A good walk behind blower will blow your underwear off if you stand in front of it

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

12 hours ago, LPJR said:

Was in the market for another backpack blower as ours just went after many years of use. Have a huge Little Wonder walk behind for the yard but wanted a smaller unit for the walks, driveway and gutters. 

After looking at many and doing research decided to go with the EGO 650 CFM handheld blower. 

Just charged the battery tonight and tried it. UNREAL how powerful it is, stronger than the backpack blower without a doubt. No more mixing gas, carb issues, etc. 

$299 brand new, lithium battery and charger included. 

Have to say I am shocked how well this unit works. Worth every penny..

https://egopowerplus.com/blower-650cfm/https://egopowerplus.com/

Outstanding!!

Good luck w it Lou!!

my neighbor has the weed wacker n loved it….so I picked one up and it came w a 530 CFM blower…. Both work great!  
I have a backpack gas blower for the yard but this electric one is effective and efficient for the garage refu-leaves, lol, that is an annual battle to keep them out of the garage!!

@BowhunterNJ,  Mattie…not sure how to double quote you guys…but if you have issues w garage leaves, I made a leave trap system on the outside of the garage to try n alleviate the problem. 

AB667A59-70FB-4152-9AF0-B5D2C9AEFBE6.jpeg

3F55A60D-0E77-40B8-8E9E-BD6B6AEBD421.jpeg

97A64F37-F6AE-43AC-BA02-9A03FB968209.jpeg

53FC36D0-DB4B-40B4-BB69-0E81EEF21AD3.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak

5 hours ago, BOWHIO said:

being a landscaper the best imo is the red max 8500 back pack blower you can find on sale sometimes for 599

the problem with the carborater may may be to much 2 cycle oil is gummed up in your air flow line ,when mixing the gas and oil make sure you shake and mix it very good

i dont know why the line is in there

If 2 cycle oil from the carb is in an air line the fuel lines on the carb are hooked up wrong. The 2 cycle oil doesn't gum up, the gas does from the ethanol

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."