IGNORED

Original Tactacam Cameras Update Issues ?

Russ 11

Has anyone not done the firmware update on their original Tactacam cameras and are you having issues ?  I have one and didn’t do the update . It was still taking pics up to the 18th and then nothing . Put new batteries in yesterday and it won’t even turn on . Just curious if anyone else is having issues or maybe the camera just crapped out . 

1 hour ago, Russ 11 said:

I’m sure it’s me Matt . I suck at this firmware update stuff . They should sell sd cards with the update on them for technically challenged dummies like me . 

The gist of it is to get everything off the card and then just put the two firmware update files at the very top level of the card not in a folder or anything.  Worth noting the firmware download file is a compressed zip file that you have to extract it has a two files within it

Then it's about turning the camera off, putting the card with the firmware files in, holding the up arrow down and then turning the camera into MENU mode while you keep holding the up arrow until it says update FW. Then you can let go of the up arrow and the camera may take a minute to do the firmware update and it will restart itself and then come back into menu mode

Had issues with both of my reveal x’s….the SD card you are using more than likely does not have the writing speed the cam produces. Must use  C10 U3 SanDisk SD card 16-32GB  with NO less than 90MB’s…also important to change to alkaline batteries same time you switch the SD’s…Rayovac was #1 battery rated for camera. Target has the correct SD’s. Changed SD and batteries and both cameras are up and running perfectly now.