IGNORED

Taking the cousin squirrel hunting tommorow

Eyesofthewoods

Well being it’s been warmer now archery for me and the wife’s cousin has been on me to take him out small game hunting so that’s what we are doing.   He had a rough time last year with patience, sitting still and being quiet when it came to deer hunting.  Had a miss and a few close calls.  All a learning experience.  

This year we are going to kick it off with some squirrel hunting maybe to boost some moral.  

Hoping to have a good day weathers looking nice and I can already taste the squirrel pot pies!!!( my inner PA hillbilly side)!  Happy hunting to all!

1 hour ago, Luvdabunnies said:

I'll be following your lead Eyes. Squirrels on Saturday.  Hopefully get a quick limit and enjoy some fried smothered squirrel and onions with a side of grits.

If we can get into a rabbit or two that’s be gold.  But haven’t seen too many around and it’s been a few years since huntin em with the hounds.  I do a chicken pot pie with the squirrel just no chicken and it’s amazing.  It’s time consuming but might as well eat em!  Some folks use the tails for toeing flies.  That being said if anyone wants me to.  I can keep the tails.

13 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

I remember those days. I would hunt deer in the morning hunt squirrels 🐿 mid day and back to deer hunting. We used to have some great squirrel hunting tournaments. 

That’s my plan for tomorrow… speaking of, I better get to sleep if I’m going to be in the blind well before daylight. Zzz