IGNORED

Chicken of the woods????

17 hours ago, Merkel said:

How about this? Chicken of the woods?

64425FED-4CBE-4741-A7A1-B0D820AF9569.jpeg

Went back today and harvested 11 pounds being careful to leave some attached to stump for regeneration. 

I heard these go for $15-$20/ pound. Not planning to sell but out of curiosity, anyone know how to go about selling them? 

848D3880-08A2-49A4-A617-FDA6D3A62AC1.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Merkel is that prime? Seems like it’d be  past? 
I never grab it when the edges thin like that 

No clue; I’m not a mushroom guy but my friends are experts and are going to cook them up for me. They say they’re good.  One of them has a commercial business growing mushrooms and selling to restaurants. he thought they were good.  We’ll see. Thanks for the heads up. 

3 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

I’m not saying they’re not mind you I just get them earlier when completely tender. If you cut them and they sound like balsa wood, styrofoam or feel at all non tender imo they’re no good. 
When you take a knife to a few you’ll understand. 
when they grow bigger, older commonly the outer edges are still good

Thank you so much for the information. I just learned about them recently from a friend and stumbled on them while hiking.  I have zero knowledge about mushrooms in general.  Ordinarily I wouldn’t mess with them but I saw what my buddy did with them so I throughly I’d harvest them. Gave him 11 pounds to check and cook up. He’s cleaning them as I write this and said most of them look great. One small batch looks to be slightly past it’s prime. He’s going to cook them up and give me a tray tomorrow. I asked him to taste test before he gives to me- LOL.