IGNORED

Ed's deer processing review

vdep217

Sat took my doe at 630 than got notice I had to be to work at 3am.  Normally do my own but time restraints I called Ed's in forked river he met me outside went over every thing.  Very clean shop.  Doing my own for so many years I know what to expect back and it met that standard..  my only negative is its not vaccume sealed its in the foam trays wrapped in plastic but that's OK I vacuumed sealed after pick up.  1 day turn around very clean meat.

1 day turn around for me is a huge NO.

there is a huge difference in letting the meat age while cooling for 3 to 4 days .

cutting a deer before then the meat is bloodier , and venison blood is as rancid as chicken blood .

when cooled for 3 to 4 days the amount of  blood still in the muscle is way less , and the quality of the meat is has always been better .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

22 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

1 day turn around for me is a huge NO.

there is a huge difference in letting the meat age while cooling for 3 to 4 days .

cutting a deer before then the meat is bloodier , and venison blood is as rancid as chicken blood .

when cooled for 3 to 4 days the amount of  blood still in the muscle is way less , and the quality of the meat is has always been better .

I agree but he does not have a refrigerated walk in. 

Edited by vdep217