IGNORED

Trail Cam SETTINGS

FeniQuest217

So i have cams set up near stands where there is no baiting allowed. There's foot traffic and it is somewhat open but its right near cover and thickness. I'd like to prolong the battery as much as possible but i am new to cams so i wanted to understand the best way to have settings set. What are your current settings you set your cams up.

-Transfer time

-Transfer Fequency

-Delay

-Multishot

Sensitiviity- I set mine to medium because i am trying to prolong battery life and they safe if you do high it will kill the batts quick and also send pics of random shit.

12 hours ago, FeniQuest217 said:

So i have cams set up near stands where there is no baiting allowed. There's foot traffic and it is somewhat open but its right near cover and thickness. I'd like to prolong the battery as much as possible but i am new to cams so i wanted to understand the best way to have settings set. What are your current settings you set your cams up.

-Transfer time

-Transfer Fequency

-Delay

-Multishot

Sensitiviity- I set mine to medium because i am trying to prolong battery life and they safe if you do high it will kill the batts quick and also send pics of random shit.

I have link micro run 1 minute delay transfer 6 times per day I get a month out of rayovac aa

16 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

2 per day might be fine for off season but during the season I get pics every 2 hours . I want to know if something is around so I can get out there and hunt . Yeah it may burn batteries a little faster but I don’t care. 

I would think if you are hunting over bait you want your pictures instantly so you don’t walk in on a buck at your feeder. 

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I don’t bait as well but I do have cams near my stands so I always get my pics real time

If I was able to hunt as much as you Mike I would too .  Lol . ( and yes I’m jealous ) .  All my Tactacam cameras are set on every pic only because they only have 3 settings . Instant /12 hours / 24 hours . 

1 minute ago, Russ 11 said:

If I was able to hunt as much as you Mike I would too .  Lol . ( and yes I’m jealous ) .  All my Tactacam cameras are set on every pic only because they only have 3 settings . Instant /12 hours / 24 hours . 

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to hunt as much as I did last year. I am going back to work very soon :shock::down:

12 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

I don’t bait either and I’m new to cell cams. How do I get my pics twice a day like mentioned?
image.thumb.png.c75669ea4e67a478511c469bc92af4cf.png

The way you have it set up now it will send pics 2 times a day . Once at 4AM and once at 4PM .  Make sure to hit save in top right corner when setting up and changing anything .