IGNORED

HUNTING & TRAPPING DIGEST

1 hour ago, NJ219bands said:

Cheyennemtnoutfitters didn’t have them this morning in Bordentown but they had a lot of customers.

I bought my new Franchi Affinity 3.5 from them two weeks ago - I think they are crowded because they have a bunch of guns in stock, and some guns that others don't have. No one had the Affinity 3.5 in Max-5 that I was looking for; Cheyenne had it in stock. I drove up there 15 minutes after they opened on a Saturday and was already 3rd in line at the gun counter... by the time I got to the front of the line, there had to have been 6 or 7 people waiting behind me. It was crowded, but they were selling guns!

BTW: Cheyenne had good customer service - I emailed them late on a Thursday asking about their Franchis in stock - got a reply back early Friday morning saying they had the one I wanted in stock and they'd put it on hold for me for 24-hours (no deposit required). I drove up the following day and sure enough there it was in the box by the gun counter with my name on it!

On 9/9/2021 at 11:36 AM, hunterbob1 said:

Not out yet very disappointing! Usually out by the end of August. First year EVER since I started in 1970 that it hasn't been available. Always looked forward to grabbing 2 one for the head, read cover to cover again and again to catch up on the old and learn the new laws,and one for the truck. I suppose the State can pass the buck (pun,lol)and blame it on the covid. Seriously though I've seen the digression, check stations became history, metal seals when they had them, then went to plastic, phoning in a kill to an outside contractor, hit and a miss. Watching the shows on TV like Northwoods law or that one down in Texas, A CO confronts a hunter or trapper or fisher for an aledged violation the actor claims they did not know the law, the old saying ignorance is no excuse, they go to the truck and bring back and give them a compendium/ digest. Here read up know before you go. New Jersey co's can't do that they don't have any.:banghead:.. My heart goes out to the new hunters especially those who have no friends or family that hunt definitely must be mind-boggling, I sure would like/need a mentor! How about the old guy who doesn't have a cell phone and if he did does not know how to use it. Hey pops get with the new program it's The New normal.. Sad times:(...

Sorry for the rant, just felt the need to get my frustrations out over the lack of communication from the NJF&W director as to a date of when we can see a paper version.:nerd:

You do know you can print the digest, right?