IGNORED

Canyon Overnighter report (9/4 trip)

1 hour ago, Nanuk said:

Great write up Jack , sounds like you made lemonade outta lemons . Tuna’s tough … sounds like the Capt pulled out all the stops . I’ve done 3 Tuna trips yielding 1- 200 Blue in Marshfield. I trolled with Capt Ristori Β in the canyon Nada and did an overnighted party with the Voyager and Gurman . Nada . Great experience and quality time with your son that’s where it all pays and you got great Fish Taco fare .Β 

Β 

Go to cape cod....you will catch plenty

I have fished on many boats w many different personalities....as I matured (my wife would sat I haven't), I only fish on boats where I enjoy the company of the capt/mate. I refuse to fish on a boat where the capt/mate are unpleasant, regardless of how great they fish. There are a few Captains that are awesome fisherman, but suck as people. I go fishing for the entire experience, not to just catch fish. My point...many fish producing boats I refuse to fish on.Β 

21 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I have fished on many boats w many different personalities....as I matured (my wife would sat I haven't), I only fish on boats where I enjoy the company of the capt/mate. I refuse to fish on a boat where the capt/mate are unpleasant, regardless of how great they fish. There are a few Captains that are awesome fisherman, but suck as people. I go fishing for the entire experience, not to just catch fish. My point...many fish producing boats I refuse to fish on.Β 

just trying to bring back an old experience of red hot Hudson Canyon YFT bite...Β  Β  Β  It's a crap shoot when you book months in advance

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Jack at least you got a greatΒ Mahi bite.Β 
All the overnighters I did for Yellowfins were late September -Β Oct with many trips canceled due to weather.Β 
As everyone has been saying the tuna bite has been in the middle grounds the past few years.Β 
Those overnight trips really kick the crap out of ya.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, OMC said:

Jack at least you got a greatΒ Mahi bite.Β 
All the overnighters I did for Yellowfins were late September -Β Oct with many trips canceled due to weather.Β 
As everyone has been saying the tuna bite has been in the middle grounds the past few years.Β 
Those overnight trips really kick the crap out of ya.Β 

Β 

yeah I rolled the dice figuring this was a perfect time of year and figured would get rescheduled anyway because rarely do we get a nice Labor Day weather window.Β  Β 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

That’s a shame the mate wasn’t up to par, definitely can be a game changer on a charter.Β 
Β 

I was just on an offshore trip out of hatteras two weeeks ago. We trolled from 730 am to 230 and caught 1 wahoo on 1 bite. Worst day of fishing I’ve ever had down there. All in it was around $1800 with charter and tip, so the price per pound on the 25lb wahoo was a little steep lol.Β 

luckily the mate was a good kid who kept the day entertaining despite the slow fishing.Β 
Β 

suffice it to say, I would have taken your fish box full of mahi any day.Β 

Β 

That does blow about the mate and you couldn’t jig or anything while you were deep dropping for swords, it’s a shame because it sounds like the captain worked hard other than that, that being said time with you son is priceless and the mahi-mahi is a great constalation prize