IGNORED

Slow Fluking on the Northern grounds

bucky

Made my first trip north today, we headed out east from the hook and had a slow pick catching a hand full of keepers, around 50 shorts and numerous sea bastards. When the tide switch to out going the tsunami mud wave from the rivers hit us shutting down the bite immediately so we headed home, otherwise it was a beautiful day on the water. Going to fish south for the remainder of the season:up:

16 hours ago, bucky said:

Made my first trip north today, we headed out east from the hook and had a slow pick catching a hand full of keepers, around 50 shorts and numerous sea bastards. When the tide switch to out going the tsunami mud wave from the rivers hit us shutting down the bite immediately so we headed home, otherwise it was a beautiful day on the water. Going to fish south for the remainder of the season:up:

Was there a way to fish the “mud line” out there?  We fished after heavy rains last year and active fish were using the mud line to their advantage as an ambush tactic…but that was in the river….I use mud lines during freshwater bass tournaments too….just like working a weed line or edge of changing bottom transition 

Glad to see them out checking . Protects the fisheries for all of us .

we fished from the snake through to the axel yesterday .

1.7-2 knot drift everywhere we stopped with a huge drift sock out .

10-12 didn’t stay in the bottom for three bounces .

heard drift was much slower last night .

worst day of fluking I have personally ever had .

had too many guys to power drift into the current , yesterday would been a good day to be running spot lock 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Agreed:up: We had a very slow drift 3 to 4 oz bucktails all morning until the tsunami mud tide hit, had to put a 10 oz instantly, so we decided to bail out. Surprised you didn't do well at the Axel, never had a bad trip there!

Edited by bucky

4 hours ago, bucky said:

Agreed:up: We had a very slow drift 3 to 4 oz bucktails all morning until the tsunami mud tide hit, had to put a 10 oz instantly, so we decided to bail out. Surprised you didn't do well at the Axel, never had a bad trip there!

We did the same out of belmar on the axel.  Hardly any drift in am, didnt need real heavy bucktails, slow drift but decent fluke bite.   no keepers for us.  Tide changed in pm & ran unusually strong to the north making it tough to get proper drift even with the south wind , muddy water, bite slowed way down & home we went to lick our wounds

10 hours ago, bucky said:

The game wardens were checking charter/party boats and boats coming into the ramp at AH Marina yesterday, we got shook down and all was well, so have all your paper work and fish /fillets in order:up:

launched in belmar same thing they checked everyone  but that is good catch the scum bag  poachers 

surprised you guys could fish Ocean at all today - given the conditions I saw from 115 miles East on the return, it got worse and worse as we headed West.  Ocean for fluke off Manasquan inlet looked very hard to fish by 3:30 pm as we entered it with very heavy S winds.    We left Canyon by 11am in great seas but I suppose I should report that trip in a diff thread.   My point being - we left Hudson Canyon 10:30 am in calm conditions and when we got over the Axel by 3PM it was really really snotty with a heavy South blow.    

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….