IGNORED

"13 Beers Tributes" - Your thoughts?

Swamp_Yankee

I've been drinking Yuengling for as long as I can remember and I can honestly say that I'm proud to see that they didn't do a "13 beers in honor" marketing post on Facebook or elsewhere.  Yuengling has poured (pun intended) actual dollars into actual veterans service organizations over the years and used their platform to raise the profiles of these organizations, enabling them to raise more funds and help more veterans.  Call me cynical but every other bar, restaurant and brewery in the country over the last few days simply pouring 13 beers and setting them in front of empty chairs just looks like a cheap marketing ploy especially when you scroll up or down and see an adjacent post that says "DRINK SPECIALS 5 TIL CLOSE!" or "TRY OUR NEW KIDS MENU!"  If these organizations want to support and honor veterans, the fallen and the ones they've left behind they can write a check or make an in-kind donation anytime they want.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I believe those that are doing it are doing more than just the 13 beers.  I personally know a bar owner who is doing it regularly donates to veterans and wounded warrior and cut a check for a substantial amount for the families just lost but it is not advertised nor does he want it advertised.  I truly believe there are alot like him and prefer to keep it personal what they do but the 13 beers is a tribute to be seen

17 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

How do you know they aren't making donations?   I know of a few local places that posted 13 beer tributes and have been active for many years with donations.   

I don't know that, but just seeing one of those posts and no additional information ("For every time these glasses are filled we'll donate _ dollars to ____") it just looks like a commercial.  

9 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I can’t believe what I just read :headscratch:

It's an opinion that might be different from yours.  Nothing more.

22 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

I don't know that, but just seeing one of those posts and no additional information ("For every time these glasses are filled we'll donate _ dollars to ____") it just looks like a commercial.  

I guess anything is possible in this day and age.  People might use dead soldiers to make a buck.   I think a lot of folks on both sides do truly respect the armed forces though.  

17 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

I see nothing wrong with it. I think most who are doing it are actually doing it to show respect, and pay tribute to those 13 heroes. 

Today when display of patriotism is under attack, when people protecting our freedoms and providing our safety are also under constant attack, we need more of this type of public display. 

1 minute ago, not on the rug said:

I guess anything is possible in this day and age.  People might use dead soldiers to make a buck.   I think a lot of folks on both sides do truly respect the armed forces though.  

I'm not even saying that it's a conscious choice.  I seriously doubt anyone is out there saying "HEY!  I know what will sell a lot of beer today!"  It just looks tacky-like when people put out an American flag and display it completely wrong.