IGNORED

Aiders

vdep217

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Those look nice.  I always wonder how hard it will be when climbing down in the dark to locate those with a bulky winter hunting boot.  It looks pretty big, so maybe pretty easy but it's obviously not like a rigid metal step that's fixed in position/place.

Plenty of guys fall when they  don’t release from your boot also.

I have used them going up where I put my foot in for the first step . Always bypassed it coming down .

as I get older I’m just adding another stick lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

15 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Plenty of guys fall when they  don’t release from your boot also.

I have used them going up where I put my foot in for the first step . Always bypassed it coming down .

as I get older I’m just adding another stick lol

also a good point, if you put your foot in so far as to pass through, that removal assist lug on the back of your boot might make it hard to get back out (i.e. it'll catch) and you have no way to reach down and undo it easily (especially as we get older).  Vito's a spry young buck, he probably climbs trees like a squirrel still :)

21 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Those look nice.  I always wonder how hard it will be when climbing down in the dark to locate those with a bulky winter hunting boot.  It looks pretty big, so maybe pretty easy but it's obviously not like a rigid metal step that's fixed in position/place.

I haven’t used one but if/when I do, I think it’ll only be on the first step so if I do go down, it’s close(r) to the ground. 

19 minutes ago, VFL said:

What’s the diameter on that Amsteel?

1/8

17 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

also a good point, if you put your foot in so far as to pass through, that removal assist lug on the back of your boot might make it hard to get back out (i.e. it'll catch) and you have no way to reach down and undo it easily (especially as we get older).  Vito's a spry young buck, he probably climbs trees like a squirrel still :)

35 still going strong but working smarter not harder any more.  Will only use ball of my boot to put in aider I'm gonna test them tomorrow