IGNORED

muck boot problems

Kype

6 hours ago, Nomad said:

That’s too bad you had a problem with those.Love my Muck Woody Sports!  Light as feathers, like wearing sneakers, I can walk all day up in Maine with them.  I have a few pair of lacrosse they have not seen any action in years. Too heavy and my feet sweat in them , and hard to get off. For cold weather I love my Muck arctic pro’s! I won’t be switching. 

yeah. i can wear mucks in the summer and no sweat. at the same time in the dead of winter my feet stays warm including my toes. any other boot and my toes freeze. love muck boots. like you said its like a sneaker and i could walk all day in them. i should of kept my old ones. stupid. i could of repaired the hole with aquaseal. aquaseal is great for sealing holes. im gonna bring home some industrial strength epoxy from work to see if it holds the soles on my new muck boot. if that doesnt hold, nothing will. 

I really like my muck boots  - I have the cold weather ones, they keep the feet warm but if you need to walk far you steam your feet which is no good!

The most reliable pair of rubber boots I have owned was a cheap Field & Stream pair from dicks - put them through hell and they have made it 6 or 7 seasons with no issues. 

1 hour ago, 20a said:

a cheap Field & Stream pair from dicks

Those cheap F&S boots from Dick's were my very first pair of rubber boots I bought years back (back when I was shopping at Dick's :) ) and they lasted me just over a year before they started leaking. :whatever: Should have known that was the start of a long line of disappointing boot purchases. As I say, I have had NO luck with rubber boots.

33 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Those cheap F&S boots from Dick's were my very first pair of rubber boots I bought years back (back when I was shopping at Dick's :) ) and they lasted me just over a year before they started leaking. :whatever: Should have known that was the start of a long line of disappointing boot purchases. As I say, I have had NO luck with rubber boots.

GUMLEAF

Yes I do have them on a pair of hip boots. The hip boots are actually briar proofs that I wear for trapping and have begun to wear them for most other things. The boots have stoop up really well so far. Got them this time last year.

Edited by trapperjake
Forgot a quote

On 8/23/2021 at 9:29 PM, ub1243 said:

Muck sold to Honeywell a few years ago. They chopped all the engineers and support staff. Their products went downhill when they started cutting corners. 

Those engineers started Dryshod. 

They are a great boot. Best knee high waterproof boots i ever owned. I have four different pair. 

Heard others talk about the Dryshod before but never really gave them any thought. What ones do you prefer for early season ?

On 8/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, mazzgolf said:

I was thinking to myself, "Honeywell? In the boot business? That's weird." Then I just found out -- Honeywell turned around and sold to Rocky Brands this past spring.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210315005447/en/Rocky-Brands-Inc.-Announces-Completion-of-Acquisition-of-Leading-Brand-Portfolio-From-Honeywell-Including-the-Original-Muck-Boot-Company-and-XTRATUF

Oh crap, Rocky were having trouble with their boots long before everybody else started making crap and now they bought out Muck!  The soles disintegrated on my dad's bird hunting boots 10 year ago or maybe even more when it was unheard of.

If your looking for an extremely durable and well made rubber boot take a look at Skeller Up they specialize in making boots for agriculture and firefighting , I have three different versions of these boots . They hold up extremely well these are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn , the newer Quatro Sport is a fantastic boot and the Extreme which I believe was discontinued or replaced with a another version will keep your feet warm during almost all temperatures . It's definitely not a distance boot , if your looking for light and durable not sure that happens the lighter boots only get lighter by using thinner  rubber or reducing the soles thats where failure begins I have hundreds of miles on my original Quartro Camo's . I would not by camo it holds up on the upper boot but eventually wears off the lowers ,  if you use them as often as I do and expose them to all kinds of conditions and elements !

You can view them on Skeller Up's website the only downfall is the availability I purchased mine through Blue Collar WorkWear in NY by telephone , both companies are top notch customer service , reach out to Ray at Skeller UP and I believe it's Jenny at Blue Collar great people . very knowledgable , smooth transaction for certain they can help you with sizing , hope the info helps , good luck this season !

NOTE : Not the cheapest boots out there but worth every dollar ! Tried and true !

Edited by Sotaroas
info edit

16 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

If I had to guess, my pair of boots lasting that long is the exception and not the rule!! 

20 hours ago, 20a said:

I really like my muck boots  - I have the cold weather ones, they keep the feet warm but if you need to walk far you steam your feet which is no good!

The most reliable pair of rubber boots I have owned was a cheap Field & Stream pair from dicks - put them through hell and they have made it 6 or 7 seasons with no issues. 

I had a pair that barely lasted one trapping season. There is nothing harder on rubber boots than running a trap line with a over 100 sets out everyday. Best way to have any boot last is to have more than one pair and rotate them through the season

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

I had a pair that barely lasted one trapping season. There is nothing harder on rubber boots than running a trap line with a over 100 sets out everyday. Best way to have any boot last is to have more than one pair and rotate them through the season

amazingly my first pair lasted many years. back then i wasnt a weekend trapper. i was trapping 7 days a week. its shame the new ones went to hell.