IGNORED

Largest buck you ever seen on trail camera but never harvested

Shootstraight

NJ buck from way back in 2005.  Don't hunt this property any longer.  Only time this buck ever showed up and it was in daylight.  I remember it to this day because I went on a rare trip to bowhunt NY with my brother that weekend, hunted in the rain and passed on a 4 pointer up there :)

DSC03655.jpg

DSC03653.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

I have been after this 12 pointer for the last 4 years. He showed up twice in a 2 week period during the muzzleloader season. The first time, he was within 100 yards from me but, never presented me with a clear shot. I really think that he knew something was up and never entered the field out in front of me. Two weeks later, he stepped out right in front of me but, he was missing half of his rack so, I passed on him. I never saw him for two years after that and I gave up on him. Last year, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he was still alive and he was still a 12 point. He shows up usually late November early December. Maybe this year, I'll have another shot. Sorry for the crappy photo but, it's the only one that I have. Look closely.

Lower%20fence%20post%20505.jpg

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".