IGNORED

Brown trout mount

Marksman57

I was up fishing the Farmington on Tuesday and caught a nice  20 inch brown trout. It was in the catch and release section so I let it go but took multiple measurements. I was thinking of getting a synthetic  mount. Has anyone ever used a company/person and supplied them with pics and measurements to make a reproduction 

thanks for your help 

EA668F9A-0051-4163-9CE4-0DE28D8D0E13.thumb.jpeg.d8aa6a76370b7671952a43ad2ad8bab9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marksman57 said:

I was up fishing the Farmington on Tuesday and caught a nice  20 inch brown trout. It was in the catch and release section so I let it go but took multiple measurements. I was thinking of getting a synthetic  mount. Has anyone ever used a company/person and supplied them with pics and measurements to make a reproduction 

thanks for your help 

EA668F9A-0051-4163-9CE4-0DE28D8D0E13.thumb.jpeg.d8aa6a76370b7671952a43ad2ad8bab9.jpeg

Nice 👍.. Here you go.

https://americanfishtaxidermy.com/pricing-contact

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

5 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Don't think his work is worth recommending honestly, and certainly not in the same realm as Jay's (and a number of other taxidermists). 

Here is a brown trout posted in their gallery...IMHO that does not look good, at all.  The form looks fine/common, the "custom paint job" looks like sharpie marker dabbed on the mount.

image.png

Same for this sparsely painted/markered one...

IMG_2662.JPEG

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Don't think his work is worth recommending honestly, and certainly not in the same realm as Jay's (and a number of other taxidermists). 

Here is a brown trout posted in their gallery...IMHO that does not look good, at all.  The form looks fine/common, the "custom paint job" looks like sharpie marker dabbed on the mount.

image.png

Same for this sparsely painted/markered one...

IMG_2662.JPEG

OMG..🤮... Well X him then.Agree Jay does beautiful work!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt