IGNORED

10+ to 1 keeper ratio - but great day on the ocean

JHbowhunter

ocean is stuffed with Rainfish.   The Spanish were chasing, as were blues.  The fluke and seabass spitting them up. The filet table was finding them too.  When  left the inlet the bait was stacked top to bottom.    Surprisingly, unlike last year this time - zero bunker anywhere. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

9 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

ocean is stuffed with Rainfish.   The Spanish were chasing, as were blues.  The fluke and seabass spitting them up. The filet table was finding them too.  When  left the inlet the bait was stacked top to bottom.    Surprisingly, unlike last year this time - zero bunker anywhere. 

Sounds like a fun day .

bunker has been around in big numbers the last few weeks .

and we the cleaner water there actually have been quite a few cobia caught under them .

hoping to see some around tomorrow ., as work git in the way of fishing today 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

10 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Sounds like a fun day .

bunker has been around in big numbers the last few weeks .

and we the cleaner water there actually have been quite a few cobia caught under them .

hoping to see some around tomorrow ., as work git in the way of fishing today 

No bunker, no cobia - cownose rays, jumping spanish, occasional blues, rainfish up and down the coast and lots of fluke just not 2021 limit-worthy.   2010 perhaps. Water clarity was "ok" not brown, leaning toward clearer green but not blue at all.  Maybe 15' visibility.   A lot of dime size or smaller jelly fish or jelly like things EVERYWHERE including clogging the launch.   

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

We went looking for brown sharks under bunker schools this afternoon like we did last Saturday (did great last Sat).  Zero bunker seen in the ocean today. (Raritan bay is loaded with them.)

Plan B- pot hopping for mahi. Buddies of mine have been catching a few. Pit stop at the mud bouy for some sea bass 1st, then after 2 dozen+ pots- no mahi.

Crazy bluefish action on topwater at Shrewsbury Rocks saved the day.

Didn't really try fluking. South wind really blew up after 4:00, so we stuck with playing with blues.

Sounds like you guys had good fluke action!

Ole lady and I had a half hearted couple hours outside the hook today.  Only managed a few robins.  It was busy and I couldn’t set up in a good drift.  I did see some very big rays and had porpoises breaking water really close to boat which was cool. I hope to get back down again this week on a more fishing dedicated trip.  Sounds like there’s plenty of action!

8 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

No bunker, no cobia - cownose rays, jumping spanish, occasional blues, rainfish up and down the coast and lots of fluke just not 2021 limit-worthy.   2010 perhaps. Water clarity was "ok" not brown, leaning toward clearer green but not blue at all.  Maybe 15' visibility.   A lot of dime size or smaller jelly fish or jelly like things EVERYWHERE including clogging the launch.   

Great day guys. Wish I was able to fish yesterday instead of Friday in the wind. The bunker were there but not up top. Hanging deep. Guess nothing chasing them. I read a lot and snagged one on a jig on the marks. Surprised Brian couldn't get a Spanish mackerel on the fly rod. they been jumping all over.