IGNORED

CMP Experience

Anyone on the site ever purchase from CMP (civilian marksman program) ??? I placed an order back in March and still haven’t recieved my order . The last email response stated what I ordered will take weeks if not possibly months to fill and if I’d like to switch my order to something else . Now I’m stuck deciding on a service grade Springfield or Harrington OR Winchester . I read that winnies are rare but never recieved the tooling updates and therefore don’t have the improvements made over the years .

Can anyone offer advice ??

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Nanuk said:

Anyone on the site ever purchase from CMP (civilian marksman program) ??? I placed an order back in March and still haven’t recieved my order . The last email response stated what I ordered will take weeks if not possibly months to fill and if I’d like to switch my order to something else . Now I’m stuck deciding on a service grade Springfield or Harrington OR Winchester . I read that winnies are rare but never recieved the tooling updates and therefore don’t have the improvements made over the years .

Can anyone offer advice ??

Thanks 

Take the ride to Ohio and pick one out yourself. If you are waiting for one to be serviced after a batch came in the wait can be long but it is always worth it. Used to be they mailed them direct to your home those were the good old days, NJ put a stop to that as you know.  Anyway if you can find the time it really is worth it to take the ride to their facility where you can see, feel, shoulder the gun and ask questions.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Thanks Dennis , unfortunately I don’t have the time to travel out that way . Are you familiar with the grades and various manufacturers??

just curious if it’s worth waiting for the International Harvester model or just get a Springfield. 

12 hours ago, Nanuk said:

Thanks Dennis , unfortunately I don’t have the time to travel out that way . Are you familiar with the grades and various manufacturers??

just curious if it’s worth waiting for the International Harvester model or just get a Springfield. 

Its not worth the wait unless you already have other Garands and are trying to get one of each. It really is a badge of honor just to say I have one of every type.

I was happy with rack grades  and field grades of any maker, they all have mixed parts. They are fun to shoot and there is nothing like the PING sound to bring chills to you after you empty the clip. 

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL