IGNORED

What looks better?

Nomad

Just ordered some black rims and got larger/fatter tires also. I will post a pic when I get them on.  I'll keep the rims and tires that are on there since they are the rims included in the Commemorative Package that my car has.  Thanks for all the feedback!

Edited by Nomad

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Just ordered some black rims and got larger/fatter tires also. I will post a pic when I get them on.  I'll keep the rims and tires that are on there since they are the rims included in the Commemorative Package that my car has.  Thanks for all the feedback!

Nice! What did you get?  What size?  Do you have a link?

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

https://www.elementwheels.com/staggered-set-mrr-m017-camaro-1le-replica-wheels-gloss-black-flo

Going to put Firestone Indy 500 tires on.  285/35/20 on front and 305/35/20 on rear.

Those rims will look awesome. 

Question though...with those tire sizes, that will be 2 different overall diameters by over 3/4".  Is that what you're going for?  

Sometimes on offset widths, you go with a slightly smaller sidewall on the rear to correct that. For example,  on my car (which is AWD, so they have to be the same diameter front and back) I run 275-40-20 in the front and 315-35-20 in the rear.  That's what BMW calls for

I think you should go with Mossy Oak rims.

TBC-Retail-Group-Wheels.jpg

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Those rims will look awesome. 

Question though...with those tire sizes, that will be 2 different overall diameters by over 3/4".  Is that what you're going for?  

Sometimes on offset widths, you go with a slightly smaller sidewall on the rear to correct that. For example,  on my car (which is AWD, so they have to be the same diameter front and back) I run 275-40-20 in the front and 315-35-20 in the rear.  That's what BMW calls for

Thank you! I think with all wheel drive you would need them to all be the same diameter. The tires I’m getting are the same size they put on the ZL1 Camaro’s and they were recommended for those rims on my car so hopefully they’ll be OK.  I was going to go with 315,s on the back but they don’t make them in the fire stones. Not much of a difference they should look good I think.

Edited by Nomad

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Thank you! I think with all wheel drive you would need them to all be the same diameter. The tires I’m getting are the same size they put on the ZL1 Camaro’s and they were recommended for those rims on my car so hopefully they’ll be OK.  I was going to go with 315,s on the back but they don’t make them in the fire stones. Not much of a difference they should look good I think.

Ok.  I didn't think it would matter with rwd, just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting.  It does 100% matter with awd though.   

Putting on tires of different diameters will play hell with your ABS, TCS and VSC systems. The module expects to see all 4 of the wheel speeds to be the same. When turning it calculates appropriate speed discrepancies based on input from the steering angle sensor. If the module sees unequal wheel speeds it will try to correct this by applying and releasing all four brakes independently until wheel speeds are equal. 8/10ths of an inch difference in diameter is significant and enough to cause some major drivability and braking issues.

3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Ok.  I didn't think it would matter with rwd, just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting.  It does 100% matter with awd though.   

I'm glad you checked up on me!  Just changed my order to 315/35/20 and 275/40/20.  Same diameter.    I got the other numbers off of the link I added here. Look at the bottom. https://www.phastekperformance.com/MRR-M017-1LE-Replica-Wheels-Gloss-Black-p/mrr-camaro-5-1le-wheels-gb.htm

52 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

Putting on tires of different diameters will play hell with your ABS, TCS and VSC systems. The module expects to see all 4 of the wheel speeds to be the same. When turning it calculates appropriate speed discrepancies based on input from the steering angle sensor. If the module sees unequal wheel speeds it will try to correct this by applying and releasing all four brakes independently until wheel speeds are equal. 8/10ths of an inch difference in diameter is significant and enough to cause some major drivability and braking issues.

Thanks Ken, I changed my order on the tires to the same diameter.

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I'm glad you checked up on me!  Just changed my order to 315/35/20 and 275/40/20.  Same diameter.    I got the other numbers off of the link I added here. Look at the bottom. https://www.phastekperformance.com/MRR-M017-1LE-Replica-Wheels-Gloss-Black-p/mrr-camaro-5-1le-wheels-gb.htm

Nice!  That's exactly the combo I run.  I have been enjoying the Continental DWS06 on the bimmer.  Great tires for a heavy SUV.  Did you stick with firestones?