Participation awards

Ron

5 minutes ago, Ron said:

Man this is great. I am really racking up the participation awards. Even here we have started to award people for sitting on social media avoiding our families. This is great. 

Just think about it. Only yesterday you were a button buck but today you are a spike:happywave:

56 minutes ago, Ron said:

Man this is great. I am really racking up the participation awards. Even here we have started to award people for sitting on social media avoiding our families. This is great. 

It really is a sad world we live in, isn't it?  

But how else am I going to fill my need for constant affirmation?  

P.S.  Please Like my post!  It really does help, at least temporarily.  

Edited by Rusty

46 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Just think about it. Only yesterday you were a button buck but today you are a spike:happywave:

I was looking more at the “Very Popular” badge and the “Reacting Well” badge. 

We don’t need no stinking’ badges. 

Well it's not a contest, just a recognition (by the site and fellow members) of content posting contributions.  Undoubtedly it keys in on people's desire to achieve, which promotes posting content, but it also keys on people's willingness to recognize an accomplishment or something that benefited/helped them.  Nothing wrong with that imo, really just comes down to perspective.  We could get rid of it all and make the site plain, but remember how many wanted their post counts and status maintained.  It does matter to many, and that's ok, it just represents time/effort they've put into the site as a member.  It also gives readers a sense of who has experience.  Just my .02

Also wanted to add the default badges were provided by the software but are customizable.  I just haven't had time to think through better achievements/recognitions and wanted to see how their implementation worked out (Ie how well thought out and accepted it would be...apparently not very well for the latter haha)

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Also wanted to add the default badges were provided by the software but are customizable.  

So they could be deer heads, with antlers???  :D 

4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

If I can find someone to make them that was my first idea.  Racks with the actual points :up:

I used to be a 14 pointer but now I'm only an 11 pointer.  :pout:

And I have 3,000 more posts than you but you have more points than me!  I guess it's who you know.  :shakehead:  

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I used to be a 14 pointer but now I'm only an 11 pointer.  :pout:

And I have 3,000 more posts than you but you have more points than me!  I guess it's who you know.  :shakehead:  

That's odd.  You're probably being penalized for insufficient beer consumption and tree cutting.  I have to look into that.  It looks like you should be the same or higher rank than me.  

13 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I don't think Jay does any image work, only real life taxidermy work. 

I can make them out of clay,  does that help?