IGNORED

2021 BLACK BEAR SEASON CLOSED

FeniQuest217

2 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Truth or fiction...supposedly Murphy said he would not sign the fish & game laws for 21/22 IF the bear hunt was included. Therefore, if the bear hunt was included, there would be NO hunting of any sort. Not sure if true, but the word on the street 

There would still be hunting I forget the statute thst covers it but all laws and quotas would revert to those of 1965 or somthing like that forget the year.

15 hours ago, nmc02 said:

We are paying a portion of health care because of him. So no, Don't miss him at all

You know I love you, but welcome to reality in the private sector where we've been paying into our healthcare and 401Ks for three or more decades.  For what it's worth, I pay 100% of my insurance and retirement.  You had that happen to you once in your career, and we can all understand how frustrating and angering that is, but it's happened to most of us many times over the years.  Each year my wife and I pay more of our medical bills out of pocket and every year our insurance rates climb.....

6 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

You know I love you, but welcome to reality in the private sector where we've been paying into our healthcare and 401Ks for three or more decades.  For what it's worth, I pay 100% of my insurance and retirement.  You had that happen to you once in your career, and we can all understand how frustrating and angering that is, but it's happened to most of us many times over the years.  Each year my wife and I pay more of our medical bills out of pocket and every year our insurance rates climb.....

Not to mention the fact making unions pay portion of their health care only saves us money. Remember the state workers union is only 3% of our labor force so yes, he did something for the 97% of  taxpayers

Edited by Lunatic

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Not to mention the fact making unions pay portion of their health care only saves us money. Remember the state workers union is only 3% of our labor force so yes, he did something for the 97% of  taxpayers

Actually closer to 100 percent. Most, if not all of that  same 3 percent are also NJ taxpayers. It goes from the left pocket to the right pocket.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

8 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Most will not budge on negotiating  chap. 78. At least those that I know of. 

It ain't easy but it can and has been done

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

4 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Uh, the Council did its job. The Governor killed the hunt. What exactly can Fish & Wildlife do?  We went through this under McGreevy as many here will recall. We have to get past this administration, it’s that simple. 

Maybe you know.  Did, or didn't the council present a comprehensive bear management plan that included hunting that was subsequently rejected by Murphy?

Edited by Nomad

Bucksnbows is spot on. I worked for a company for 30 years and they sold out.

For the first 5 years we had a pension plan. After that they said it was to oexpensive and they dropped it for 401K

I had free healthcare when i started , ended up paying almost $800 a month. 

Pensions and healthcare are not sustainable that is why the states credit rating was reduced ! 

I believe it is like 15 percent of the entire states budget would go to the pension to make a full payment That's 6 billion 750 million dollars a year

Something has to give 

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

I don't disagree, but typically private sector is higher paying than public. 

The DEP Commissioner has to sign off on the FW Councils CBBMP in time to go thru the APA process.  The Commissioner never signed off.  If he signed off now there would not be time to go thru the APA process in time to have a bear hunt.  

Not having a CBBMP affects more than hunting it affects every aspect of bear management.  

Edited by nickmarch

22 hours ago, Mixbaghunter said:

We all knew this was coming . See how it goes in for next year. My question is who to vote for in fall . I don't trust any of them we need to get this a whole out. Let see if any of them come out and stand up for sportsmen. 

I hear you but I assure you that if people vote for democrats, we will get more attacks on our ability to hunt and own guns.  Sometimes you have to hold your nose and pick the least bad candidate. 

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

Maybe you know.  Did, or didn't the council present a comprehensive bear management plan that included hunting that was subsequently rejected by Murphy?

I believe that was the case, yes. The Division knows it can’t beat the Governor. Not in NJ or any other state, but especially not in a liberal state like ours. The next Governor will once again allow it. 

On January 12th the FW Council voted on and approved the CBBMP.  On Jan 16th Murphy appointed an acting commissioner of the DEP who is required to approve and sign off on the CBBMP.  He was made the official Commissioner in June.   He never signed the CBBMP.  

That's not what I believe that's a fact!  

Edited by nickmarch