IGNORED

Deer in Belleville?

bucky

I took a ride to a jobsite today thats located on Route 21 , had to look twice but there were deer tracks going through the site. Couldn't believe my eyes, do any members live in Belleville, if so how's your deer herd?

Suburban Deer- Here is my take on them. OK- Whitetail deer have been here for millions of years. We have only built up this area in the last 300 years or so. 300 years is just a drop in the bucket compared to millions of years. The Whitetail deer is adapting to living among humans. Just like the squirrels and raccoons living in your attic. Like the geese at the parks and country clubs. The coyotes in NYC. The bears in Sussex County. Now its the Whitetails turn.

31 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

I feel bad because there really is no place else around there for them to go. No idea how they even got in there

There in Branch Brook Park. They travel the Power lines, pipeline from the cemetery on Hoover an  Bloomfield, Hendrickson Montclair and Forest Hill golf courses. I used to see 140's. Used to be big old Tom turkeys too Mill Street and Franklin avenue the old J& J property.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I feel bad because there really is no place else around there for them to go. No idea how they even got in there

If you look on google earth there is a power sub station on the north side of the property with set power lines heading west then zigs zags to the parkway and then heads north, it hooks up to a bunch of little fingers:up:

Edited by bucky

6 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

There in Branch Brook Park. They travel the Power lines, pipeline from the cemetery on Hoover an  Bloomfield, Hendrickson Montclair and Forest Hill golf courses. I used to see 140's. Used to be big old Tom turkeys too Mill Street and Franklin avenue the old J& J property.

I saw one of the biggest bucks of my life on the parkway around that patch of woods near bloomfield animal shelter that buts too foresthill golf course around 5-6 years ago

Edited by 3Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

I saw one of the biggest bucks of my life on the parkway around that patch of woods near bloomfield animal shelter that buts too foresthill golf course around 5-6 years ago

Around that time around that area I used to have a camera out and feed them corn in a spot where no humans walked right around along the parkway by route 3. There were two brothers eight pointers. One had a bad limp on it one of its back legs I called him limpet.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt