IGNORED

Turkey Pictures/History- 1994- 2021 And On.

Fred Flintstone

Thought,I would share some cool pictures of Turkeys,I have Killed since 1994. 

I made it a Habit to always take a Kodak " Throwaway" camera out Turkey and Pheasant with me to Preserve the Memories.

I will come back and add more pictures of Turkeys in time. Alot will have me holding the Bird as,I am not Shy about showing my Face on this Site.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

1st Turkey taken in 1994 after 5 Springs of Trying- " no mentor".

This is encouraging, since I’ve been Turkey hunting every spring since 2019 and I’m yet to get my first gobbler (also no mentor). Passed hunter ed in March 2019 and the only thing I could hunt in the near future was turkey. Knew NOTHING about what I was getting myself into, but I did some research and since then I’ve had some really awesome close calls with some great birds. but always just barely out of the range I promise myself to stick to or not giving me an open shot while skiddishly peeking out from behind trees and downed logs, made poor mistakes and spooked them, etc. 

I’ve been successful with every other species I’ve targeted since then, but the Turkey has still evaded me and it’s gotten UNDER MY SKIN (in a good way). I love spending TONS of time in the woods every spring getting frustrated by these tricky, fascinating, and big beautiful birds.  There’s NOTHING like the feeling of successfully calling in a Tom (even if I don’t ultimately get to shoot him).

Ironically, turkeys are my favorite animal to hunt, even though it’s the only animal I’ve targeted that’s not on my wall of trophies so far. But then again, I guess that’s exactly why they’re my favorite.

Looking forward to more pictures on this topic!

47 minutes ago, alabjr said:

This is encouraging, since I’ve been Turkey hunting every spring since 2019 and I’m yet to get my first gobbler (also no mentor). Passed hunter ed in March 2019 and the only thing I could hunt in the near future was turkey. Knew NOTHING about what I was getting myself into, but I did some research and since then I’ve had some really awesome close calls with some great birds. but always just barely out of the range I promise myself to stick to or not giving me an open shot while skiddishly peeking out from behind trees and downed logs, made poor mistakes and spooked them, etc. 

I’ve been successful with every other species I’ve targeted since then, but the Turkey has still evaded me and it’s gotten UNDER MY SKIN (in a good way). I love spending TONS of time in the woods every spring getting frustrated by these tricky, fascinating, and big beautiful birds.  There’s NOTHING like the feeling of successfully calling in a Tom (even if I don’t ultimately get to shoot him).

Ironically, turkeys are my favorite animal to hunt, even though it’s the only animal I’ve targeted that’s not on my wall of trophies so far. But then again, I guess that’s exactly why they’re my favorite.

Looking forward to more pictures on this topic!

Sounds like my slow start. Once you " Break the ice" with your 1st Turkey- they will fall left and right.

Turkey Fever is very real. Take your 1st good shot at a Gobbler. Don't wait for him to Take  a few extra steps- it may not happen.

If you stare too long at a Gobbler- you will lift your head up off the Stock and shoot over the Top. I did that plenty in the early years.

As a Public Timber Hunter,I practice a few days a week about 1 month before the opener just sitting with my left knee up in front of my couch with an empty Shotgun and point and slowly swing to the left and right.

This is where alot of guys will miss that Gobbler. They are not relaxed sitting in front of Tree and again- miss over the Top. Done it myself.

Try and find someone hêre on the Site willing to take you Turkey Hunting next Spring.

Another  Elusive and Prized - Fall Gobbler. This one was 18 1/2lbs.

Killed in October of 1995 in the Timber while plenty of Pheasant Hunters were close by in the Fields.

That is 10 different  Gobblers  to start this  Thread  and Rusty hêre told me from the Start to share Pictures.

More pics to come in the Future. 

20210720_103910.jpg