Speeders

OldMenRule

Ticks me off people endangering my life and others by aggressive driving. I have zero issue with others endangering their own life, more power to them and good riddance, but when u endanger innocent strangers, well I have a problem with that….just don’t have a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I commuted from exist 11 to exit 14A, NJTPK, for two years. There was a car I saw almost every day. Easy to spot as it was an orange Jeep Wrangler. The guy was nuts. As soon as we cleared the toll plaza at Exit 11 he would start racing, using all lanes to get ahead. I would drive the distance in the middle lane and almost every day we met at exit 14A toll plaza only few cars apart. Sadly he was not the only one doing this. 

People in a hurry to nowhere in situations when almost everywhere you go is congested these days. They are very few major thoroughfares where there are not those in a hurry to get ahead of the vehicle ahead of them. Me, me, me attitudes and a population overtaking the already outdated roads that can't handle it.

When my three kids got the learner's permit, I took them out during rush hour to learn how to drive in traffic. I had them drive on Route 3, 4, 80 and 287 and their final exam was to drive Bloomfield Ave from West Caldwell to Newark during the weekday rush hour. They turned out to be decent drivers. I told them if they can successfully drive around NJ then, they should be okay to drive anywhere in the United States. 

3 hours ago, madeinuk said:

What ticks me off the most is 18 wheelers hogging the left lane of 3 lane highways going at most 1 angstrom per second faster than the vehicle in the middle lane.

Route 80 West MM20 to 19+/- aka Allamuchy Mountain  - 4 lanes.  18-wheelers in the first three and a mask-wearing Prius driver from NY in the 4th all racing to go the slowest..............  common occurrence.  Quicker to walk.

5 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Route 80 West MM20 to 19+/- aka Allamuchy Mountain  - 4 lanes.  18-wheelers in the first three and a mask-wearing Prius driver from NY in the 4th all racing to go the slowest..............  common occurrence.  Quicker to walk.

I'm noticing recently this influx of "coasters" everywhere I go.  Humans legitimately afraid to touch their gas pedals.  I'm on roads like Rt 31/46/57 and 519/521 daily and folks are just doing 35-38mph and riding their brakes around every bend, dropping to 30mph.  The speed limit is 50.  Do 50.  Not 36, not 42, not 30,  doesn't need to be 60...just do 50. It's not that difficult 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, hammer4reel said:

I drive a little over a 100 miles a day for work .

different areas .

all the major routes , Turnpike , parkway , 287, 78,80 are OUT OF CONTROL .

85 in the slow lane you would get pushed off the road .

way too many idiots doing over 100 weaving in and out if traffic lanes causing multi car accidents daily .

Same here, 15, 80, 287, 24, 78, and Parkway, it's like a day at the races.

22 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I agree.  Speed limit numbers should be increased at least 10-15mph in all cases, with the exception of leaving the 25mph in residential and school zones.  

Like it! Let’s just hope gas doesn’t hit 6 bucks a gallon