IGNORED

Ticks Suck

dlist777

I have a total program with Permethrin clothes everytime I head into the wood which is almost daily.  I had really bad lyme and bartonella in 2016, made a full recovery with 12 months IV’s and drug cocktail. Found a nymph in my thigh 7/3 sent for testing, 7/6 results (attached). Bloodwork today, Back on Doryx for 30 days and antibiotic diet until Dr determines if I am reinfected.  Hate these things! This is one vaccine I will not pass up.

Good Luck Doug! Hope you get cleared quickly. My Dr. says more and  more Rocky Mtn. Showing up around here. 

Tim - the guy that leased Cotton’s place with you! 

62DC3858-7F05-4B55-8B5F-907A8D3759C4.jpeg

What do they say about rocky mountain spotted fever?  Any lasting effects from it?  Hope you have a full and quick recovery.

Testing the tick doesn't tell you if it was transmitted to you or not.  Transmission takes 24 hours or longer from what I've read.  I remember when lymes first started they were testing all the ticks, then stopped testing them.  Why have they started doing tests again on the tick?  Seems like a waste of time and money.  My doc sends me for blood work.  If he thinks I may have lymes, he'll start me on doxy right away.  The sooner the meds start, the better chance of stopping the disease

Thanks all.  Yes...at this point we're not sure if I'm infected.  I believe the tick was on me for at least 24 hrs ( possibly 48) based on when I went into the woods and when I found it.  The test described it as "semi engorged".  RMSF is no joke and can be fatal if not treated.  But with a short treatment of antibiotics I should be fine with no long term issues.  I don't have any symptoms yet.  But I'll be starting on the antibiotics tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210715-220010_Gallery.jpg

Edited by dlist777