IGNORED

wild turkey sausage rice balls

mazzgolf

I was watching Lidia's Kitchen a few weeks ago (yes, I watch cooking shows - you get good ideas, and it's relaxing ;)) and this looked good. She made it look so easy and quick - I need to keep reminding myself these cooking shows are like watching a fishing tournament on TV. Takes a guy 5 minutes to catch 10 pounds worth of fish on TV, but in reality it really took him hours.... Don't make this recipe unless you have a lot of time on your hands!! :) 

Anyway... these were pretty good, I have to admit. The end result was worth it. You get a lot, so it's good for parties or family get-togethers.

Here's her recipe that I tried to follow as close as I could: https://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/rice-balls-stuffed-sausage-ragu/

I used wild turkey sausage that I made from a recent spring harvest :up:. I skipped the liver and peas, and for the rice all I could find was medium-grain (not short-grain) which is probably why I needed to make these a little bigger than how she made them.

wild-turkey-sausage-rice-balls.jpg.1f864dd400c6f85d8581e6b78bde30ae.jpg

RICE BALLS YUCK!! Wild turkey meat balls with various pasta's are a common  item at my table but never rice, I leave it for the Asians it not my thing..

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, bushden said:

RICE BALLS YUCK!! Wild turkey meat balls with various pasta's are a common  item at my table but never rice, I leave it for the Asians it not my thing..

I'm not sure -- but I think you just dissed my Lidia :rofl: 

She's Italian, so she added her own Italian slant to this via the ragù stuffing.

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I'm not sure -- but I think you just dissed my Lidia :rofl: 

She's Italian, so she added her own Italian slant to this via the ragù stuffing.

I love LIDIA !! and all her products and recipes I just hate rice.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

On 7/14/2021 at 11:06 AM, bushden said:

what kind of Italian are you to say "YUCK" to rice balls (arancini)?

we make arancini all the time, absolutely delicious