IGNORED

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST SHOTGUN?

JD48

Remington 12 gauge 870 Wingmaster Pump with a 30" full choke barrel, high gloss finish. 

Still in my safe, never selling. 

Never forget my 1st rabbit taken with the 870....3 shots as fast as I could pump. We walk up on the rabbit and my Dad looks it over for a good 5 minutes......Says, "congrats on your 1st rabbit...Not 1 pellet in it, must have died of a heart attack hearing the shots" 

ithaca single shot 12 gauge and when i say single shot i mean it. I bought it at Ramey outdoors in Roxbury NJ 

Once fired the shells stuck so bad you need a pair of channel locks to remove the shell. Ramsey refused to help with the gun. Every high brass shell stuck .

I cannot tell you how frustrated i was with that gun. 

49 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

ithaca single shot 12 gauge and when i say single shot i mean it. I bought it at Ramey outdoors in Roxbury NJ 

Once fired the shells stuck so bad you need a pair of channel locks to remove the shell. Ramsey refused to help with the gun. Every high brass shell stuck .

I cannot tell you how frustrated i was with that gun. 

what model ? short chamber maybe ?

ithaca single shot 12 gauge . The gun had no cushion on the buttplate and you paid for it everytime you shot buckshot out of it..  Shot my first deer with that gun @ 80 yards off of an old garage in the woods.. Ive lent it out a few times to friends and family to use with their kids and it still works great. I even take it out every once in a while  when I feel adventurous.  I love shooting that gun it makes you concentrate so much more with one shot .  

Steven's 20 gauge single shot, I think my dad bought it from sears,  it was my present for my 11th birthday along with 1 box of 6 shot, was told make the ammo last all season!  ( dad worked 2 jobs, school teacher, then security guard on weekends while mom stayed home with us 5 kids, so money was tight).  I learned how to make the 1st shot count and still do today.

JC Higgins bolt action 12 gauge.  My grandfather used it to put food on the table when times were tough.  I almost sold it a moment of complete stupidity.  Thank God my wife stopped me.  

First gun and shotgun I bought at 18 was a mossberg cruiser in 12 gauge with a Pistol grip.  First shot was with double 00 buck.  Smacked me right in face.  18 years later I finally got into hunting and I took my first deer with it.  Of course I learned from my mistakes and put a full stock and slug barrel on it.