IGNORED

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST SHOTGUN?

JD48

29 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

My brother barely ever shot it.  My father bought it back off him and I inherited it.  Can't read the numbers on it since my father painted it heavily to camo it for turkeys.  Mine would have been 52 years old, his must be 60.  Thinking of stripping it back down or redoing the camo

Yep that's right Bob I got mine in the early '70s

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

14 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Thanks.  I should have asked on here before scrapping it.  Probably would have cost more to fix it than it was worth, though, and I have another just like it.  Not sure if I was even on here at that time.

understood , guy also has the box magazines , usually thats the first thing people lose / misplace

23 minutes ago, JD48 said:

if you ever need parts , Havlins sales and service , in MO. has parts for the old Mossberg bolt action shotguns

Wow you're good. I used them many years ago I didn't know there's still in business. I lost the magazine and I got one from them it took months. I guess for them to get enough orders to make it worthwhile to remanufacture, it was around 30 bucks.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Mossberg 500 12ga 28” barrel without a vent rib and only front bead sight, it also had a fixed choke (modified). Still have the gun but since upgraded to a barrel with vent rib, front and mid bead sights, and most importantly removable chokes.

mine was a mossberg 500 AT it would shot a remington 2 3/4 sabot extremely well 

I bought from my dad for 90 bucks in 1982 i shot my 1st buck with it in shotgun county of chenango up by unidilla ny i was so excited i shot it 6 times twice in the ear,lol my 1st shot took out his jungler 

but it was a great memory with my dad i was in his stand also

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

Wow you're good. I used them many years ago I didn't know there's still in business. I lost the magazine and I got one from them it took months. I guess for them to get enough orders to make it worthwhile to remanufacture, it was around 30 bucks.

thanks , i think they go for $35 - $ 38 .00  now a days , another company that has them is Triple K