IGNORED

Basement bar- build or buy?

cantw82start

Looking to put a bar in my basement, looked at a few pre made and they are a bit pricey and more importantly not what I really want.  I am looking for a 5 seat unit in a corner with a Kegorator, no sink.

Anyone build their own?  If so any suggestions?   have built many decks in my day and a 2 car garage, so shouldn't be an issue

I have some ideas, would like to put pictures of the family on the top of the bar, in a somewhat random fashion and then seal it in with Spar Varnish or some other high strength acrylic.  

Thanks!

I do not have any decent pictures i just looked for 10 minutes lol

I converted a shed. My bar is out doors but i can give you some ideas. We bought cabinets that people were throwing out when remodeling. $200 and we got a ton of storage. 

We built shelves behind the bar to use as a prep counter or storage of popular alcohol. I used ship board or whatever its called looks like weathered siding ( home depot)

I used plywood and tile for the actual bar top , cleans up easy . I have a lay down freezer and an apartment sized refrigerator freezer. I used old netting in the top of the bar and my wife got all kinds of starfish and stuff to decorate. Bought some neon bar signs too. I put rubber matting behind the bar easy to stand on and easy to clean. I installed 6 speakers and a receiver to hook up Spotify from my phone.  Put outlets everywhere! I have hanging large lights and then low voltage mood type lights. We have misters around the bar area and fans mounted all around.  Building your own will give you the best use of your space. we had signs made Bobs bar and our last name too. I use one of the small chillers for the small kegs