WHAT RUINED AMERICA ?

JD48

Posted (edited)

AMERICA IS STILL THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

What are the down falls,  in my opinion reinstate any one of these and we will once again be where most of us want

1.  God,  even those who didn't believe fully in God believed In a higher power

2.  Respect for authority,   starting in the home, than police teachers etc.

3. Accountability for everyone equally

Edited by vdep217

1) Liberals

2) Political Correctness

3) Lack of law enforcement (this covers illegal aliens - when something is "illegal", then ENFORCE it)

4) Academic indoctrination of our youth into the liberal progressive mindset

5) Welfare, Section 8 housing, allowing lawless savages to concentrate into one area only to secure a voting block

In summary - every single major city is a prime example of what destroyed America.   Pockets of the real America still exist but you won't find them in the cities...

1) corporate greed

2) break down of families and family values

The first led to the second. I noticed this a very long time ago (started about 1983 or 84). 7-11 was only thing really open on NYD, easter, memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, thanksgiving and christmas. Toys r us would have huge family gatherings throughout the country on the 4th of july. That was until about 1983/84 when they did away with that and began being open for business on the 3 summer holidays. That led to opening easter and NYD and eventually thanksgiving for early early bird specials for black friday. Before retail started opening all those holidays there were many more family gatherings and special events. As time went on it got harder to get families together due to work schedules/working holidays, etc.  I trace that break down back to the days corporate got beyond greedy. 

And since most posted political response I will add a third reason-- trumplicans. They are the real rino's. They do not have anything to do with fiscal conservatism, nothing to do with law and order , nothing to do with defending the constitution, like the actual republican party. 

Posted (edited)

I will add Overtaxing or American corporations a.k.a. “government greed” and the continued outsourcing of everything we do here was a major contributor - the absolute opposite of corporate greed as noted above.  Our own politicians sold our own corporations out to China and everybody else but America first

Edited by JHbowhunter

Posted (edited)

Liberals very far left wing

Everyone has rights 

Example if you don't belong here you still get a driver's license and the benefits of somebody that does belong here

Government way too big getting fat off of our backs

Hatred for police and or any authority at this point 

I like the rap music and the Kardashians but that's a drop in the bucket to each his own and what you want to do or watch the above stated are the main problems

Edited by Roon

13 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

1) corporate greed

2) break down of families and family values

The first led to the second. I noticed this a very long time ago (started about 1983 or 84). 7-11 was only thing really open on NYD, easter, memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, thanksgiving and christmas. Toys r us would have huge family gatherings throughout the country on the 4th of july. That was until about 1983/84 when they did away with that and began being open for business on the 3 summer holidays. That led to opening easter and NYD and eventually thanksgiving for early early bird specials for black friday. Before retail started opening all those holidays there were many more family gatherings and special events. As time went on it got harder to get families together due to work schedules/working holidays, etc.  I trace that break down back to the days corporate got beyond greedy. 

And since most posted political response I will add a third reason-- trumplicans. They are the real rino's. They do not have anything to do with fiscal conservatism, nothing to do with law and order , nothing to do with defending the constitution, like the actual republican party. 

In my opinion working to much is an excuse not to make family time or want to,  it shouldn't take a holiday to bring family together.  I work 45 hours a week and deliver food 1to 2 days a week and find time to spend with my kids as my parents did me.  Saturdays are our family day not the usual Sunday.  I have to work Sat and sun the next few weeks I am not sending my kids to daycare on one of those days I'm off even though I still have to pay so I can spend the day with them.  Not as an entire family as my wife will be working but tge kids see it as time with daddy we will resume our Saturdays at the camp ground when I'm back to normal.