IGNORED

Clamming Newbie

JR8899

Any suggestions for a first timer? I have my license and I've read up on the regulations & maps. My plan is to get to shallow near IBSP by boat and anchor up and jump in and start raking away. (Assuming I can find a rake between now and then) Otherwise drag my feet around. Any tips? Thanks

I used a stone rake the other day for my first time and did pretty well.  It obviously creates a lot more drag than a clam rake and doesn't get quite as deep but I was able to put a meal together in a short amount of time so success can be had with relative ease.  With that said, the folks that did have clam rakes were picking up a greater quantity.

1 hour ago, JR8899 said:

Any suggestions for a first timer? I have my license and I've read up on the regulations & maps. My plan is to get to shallow near IBSP by boat and anchor up and jump in and start raking away. (Assuming I can find a rake between now and then) Otherwise drag my feet around. Any tips? Thanks

Many good times here.Tices shoal ,nuf said!

https://mapcarta.com/21354586

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt