Index Release suggestions

I’ve played around with a lot of different releases, thumb, back tension, pinky and index. For me index fits me the best.

I just shot the spot Hogg tuff guy and while I love the trigger on it feels small in my hand. 
Any suggestions on a longer closed jaw index release with a similar trigger?

Thank you in advance

Posted (edited)

I have large hands(xxl gloves) and found the Spot Hogg small in my hand. For an index release I have been pleased with the Tru Ball Glory. 

Edited by Ron

Not a longer jaw. I like the closed jaw rather than the hook. Mainly I’m Just a looking for longer release in general. I like the beefy grip of the Spot Hogg tuff guy and the trigger it just feels likes i need to twist my wrist and clench up my hand to get my finger to sit nicely on the trigger. If it were a half inch to an inch longer it would be ideal. I maxed the length on it out but still feels short

1 minute ago, CatchinDeers243 said:

Not a longer jaw. I like the closed jaw rather than the hook. Mainly I’m Just a looking for longer release in general. I like the beefy grip of the Spot Hogg tuff guy and the trigger it just feels likes i need to twist my wrist and clench up my hand to get my finger to sit nicely on the trigger. If it were a half inch to an inch longer it would be ideal. I maxed the length on it out but still feels short

Is the trigger in the first or 2nd joint of your index finger. I understand what your saying, but ideally the trigger should be located at 2nd joint 

16 minutes ago, CatchinDeers243 said:

Not a longer jaw. I like the closed jaw rather than the hook. Mainly I’m Just a looking for longer release in general. I like the beefy grip of the Spot Hogg tuff guy and the trigger it just feels likes i need to twist my wrist and clench up my hand to get my finger to sit nicely on the trigger. If it were a half inch to an inch longer it would be ideal. I maxed the length on it out but still feels 

Carter 2 shot has a nice trigger, no play in it. Been using it for at least 15years.

Best trigger will most likely be the stan2.  I have a stan2, carter quickie+, b3 hawk and claw.  The stan2 is the only true sear+ index able to obtain no trigger travel and light to heavy tension.  Are you looking for a heavy trigger or light?  What is your shooting style?  How do you execute your release?  This will all make a difference on type of trigger.  I have the above 4 plus a couple others which i have to find that your more than likely to come by and try if your in the 07444 area.  I shoot indoor spots, field, and 3d competitively nationally and shoot the stan2 for my style of index which is shot with true back tension (never “squeezing” the trigger).  My trigger breaks like glass! 

28 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Best trigger will most likely be the stan2.  I have a stan2, carter quickie+, b3 hawk and claw.  The stan2 is the only true sear+ index able to obtain no trigger travel and light to heavy tension.  Are you looking for a heavy trigger or light?  What is your shooting style?  How do you execute your release?  This will all make a difference on type of trigger.  I have the above 4 plus a couple others which i have to find that your more than likely to come by and try if your in the 07444 area.  I shoot indoor spots, field, and 3d competitively nationally and shoot the stan2 for my style of index which is shot with true back tension (never “squeezing” the trigger).  My trigger breaks like glass! 

I may take you up on that when I get a little time on my hands.

I had been shooting on old old truball and it had a lot of play in the trigger. Now that I felt the crispness on that trigger I can’t go back lol.