IGNORED

Cell Link

megavites

so i ran one last yr without issue....set up again with a different cam (Apeman) and no pics. So I set it up with same cam I used last year(s(Trace) and I'm getting no pics. Setup a 2nd one on same cam type as 1st(Trace) and still no pics.

Both show connected and full signal. Currently on the free plan (100 pics/month). I'm wondering if I need to update the app.

Anyone have similar issues?

It could be a few things:

That damn SD Card could be getting pulled out of the camera

The flat wire could be damaged

The SD Card itself could be damaged

Make sure your firmware is updated

The micro SD card in the Cell Link could be damaged, corrupted, not inserted completely, or the micro SD Card Slot could be damaged.....this happened to my friend's Cell Link

Check your batteries on your camera and the other issue I’ve had is the ribbon cable . Sometimes when you close the camera lid it pulls the sd card out a little if you didn’t leave enough slack in the cable .  

9 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

Check your batteries on your camera and the other issue I’ve had is the ribbon cable . Sometimes when you close the camera lid it pulls the sd card out a little if you didn’t leave enough slack in the cable .  

you know, I noticed that on one but thought I fixed it . Maybe I need to fold some slack into the cam before closing.

I tried the web version also but nothing different. There help video said to delete cam on web version and re-install.

I'm nervous to update the Firmware as I've heard others had trouble.

Is Firmware a remote update?

spypoint will update it for you over the air, call them and tell them your cell link is few hours away....I had a few friends do it that way....once they send it, it will update within 24 hrs

14 hours ago, BHC said:

The SD card on the ribbon  can't be formatted, it doesn't hold the pictures,  and it will not sit in a SD card slot properly in a computer 

The sd on the ribbon holds pictures and has to be formatted.  when the cell link dies or it is off it holds pictures. At least it does on all 16 of my cell link cables.

From Spypoint under cell link

ARE THE PHOTOS IN ORIGINAL RESOLUTION KEPT?

Yes, the original photos are stored on the Micro SD card (Sold separately) inside of the CELL-LINK. The pictures sent to the APP are a lower resolution, Full resolution can be sent when buying a FULL-HD package.

WHY ARE THE PHOTOS NOT PRESERVED ON THE SD CABLE ADAPTER?

We opted to use a Micro SD card inside the CELL-LINK so it was easier for the consumer to access the originals. This avoids the user having to uninstall the host camera and CELL-LINK. It also allows the user to swap micro SD cards if you wanted to access the photos from a computer or other compatible device.

It holds 480mb. If your cell link dies it holds full size pics on the card. The ribbon cable in my computer has 243 photos on it. If i dont format the card it will either not work or it will transfer those pics to the cell link and send every one when the cell  link is turned on.  Done it multiple times by mistake.

cc.jpg

guess I'm calling Spypoint tech tomorrow.

updated Firmware, updated app, long re-formatted micro-sd and not getting photos transmitted even though camera is triggered.

Card/cable are inserted correctly. 

Last year setup was quick and simple. The only thing is its on the free plan as I plan to activate paid plan next month but shouldn't make a difference.