IGNORED

Replaced water pump on 1995 30 Hp Suzuki …now starts in forward & doesn’t piss

Bonefreak

Wtf. Spent all fricken day dropping lower unit, replacing impeller etc and fire it up and it’s throwing water out of tub while it’s in neutral 

I took lower unit off while it was in neutral…n put it back on in neutral 

SMH

4E5DBC70-184B-43F5-BB38-E192344298F7.jpeg

AE50D658-79CB-48CA-A7C8-03D253DD2056.jpeg

5F74CC1E-0527-4CAC-865B-8E54205C463D.jpeg

467B4E00-8A66-4AA7-98C1-BB7A3E205C61.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Wtf. Spent all fricken day dropping lower unit, replacing impeller etc and fire it up and it’s throwing water out of tub while it’s in neutral 

I took lower unit off while it was in neutral…n put it back on in neutral 

SMH

4E5DBC70-184B-43F5-BB38-E192344298F7.jpeg

AE50D658-79CB-48CA-A7C8-03D253DD2056.jpeg

5F74CC1E-0527-4CAC-865B-8E54205C463D.jpeg

467B4E00-8A66-4AA7-98C1-BB7A3E205C61.jpeg

And they said acid doesn't affect the brain.:banghead:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

when you say out of tub do you mean the tub of water the lower unit is in? Is so it tells me it is working in reverse. Maybe the impeller was put in in reverse, if they are made to push water only in one direction?

Yep…tub of water and propeller is engaging and throwing water out of tub while in neutral.

Impeller was put in same way old one was

My bro sent me info that the propeller would need to spin freely in neutral ….so I Gota drop the lower unit again and tinker w it 

975B9582-F7FD-4FEE-8161-7F2861984C88.png

What Bob said, when you put it together you may have pushed the shift rod down in the lower. If you know its in forward, disconnect the linkage leave the lower in forward and shift engine into forward, reconnect linkage. Or take down lower, put into neutral be sure motor lever is in neutral and reconnect. You'll get, take your time.

10 minutes ago, midwestxpress said:

When you put housing over impeller,grease impeller,  turn driveshaft clockwise and push housing over the impeller.

X2. Just did two last week

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

50 minutes ago, midwestxpress said:

What Bob said, when you put it together you may have pushed the shift rod down in the lower. If you know its in forward, disconnect the linkage leave the lower in forward and shift engine into forward, reconnect linkage. Or take down lower, put into neutral be sure motor lever is in neutral and reconnect. You'll get, take your time.

Thanks!  But this is the first time messing with this kind of job by myself….very unfamiliar with linkage ….there was another metal prong coming up from the lower unit…was a pain to reconnect …anything to do w linkage?

I wud much rather not have to drop the lower unit again

43F6CAE1-3019-462C-BD0D-74579028AC4E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Thanks!  But this is the first time messing with this kind of job by myself….very unfamiliar with linkage ….there was another metal prong coming up from the lower unit…was a pain to reconnect …anything to do w linkage?

I wud much rather not have to drop the lower unit again

43F6CAE1-3019-462C-BD0D-74579028AC4E.jpeg

Yeah that shaft is your shift rodt hat's the part that's the pain to get back in the right position you can mess with it while it's off to figure out which way it should work pull on it all the way up and it will put you in one direction in the middle position neutral and all the way down in the opposite direction.  .