IGNORED

Cellular cameras?!

Turkeyslayer

7 minutes ago, Turkeyslayer said:

What kind do you guys have what are you looking at I been looking at spy point but it worries me

I have 2 micros as long as you do the updates they work great

Edited by vdep217

I AGREE AND HAVE SPYPOINTS BUT DO THE UPGRADES LAST YEAR THERE WAS A SPECIAL ON THE SOLAR SPYPOINT BUY 1 AND GET A NOTHER FREE WITH THE COUPON SO 2 FOR THE PRICE OF 1,ITS A LITTLE PRICEY BUT ONCE CHARGED AND WITH SUNLIGHT FOR THE SOLAR PANEL ON TOP OF THE CAMERA IT WENT ALL YEAR WITHOUT A CHANGE OF BETTERIES 

I ALWAYS SUGGEST GETTING THE LOCK BOX FOR ALL CAMERAS 

1 FOR THE UGLY SCUMBAGS THAT STEAL THEM

2 IM IN BEAR COUNRY AND TEETH MARKS WILL BREAK YOUR CAMERA :rant:

Spypoint can be good but they are hit and miss, the main issue with them is their poor customer service,  you're dealing with French Canadians, so there is a language issue at times....I have seen quality pictures/videos from SPYPOINT and have seen equal amount of poor quality. 

If you want all around quality on pictures,  videos, reliability,  great customer service,  battery life then spending more is what you need to do: Ridgetec,  Spartan,  Covert, Ryconxx are top of the list....most all cameras come pre loaded with a SIM CARD for a certain cellular carrier,  RIDGETEC comes with both VERIZON and AT&T you decided on which one to use.....so if you use one over the other,  then decided to use the other you can do so without issues. 

If you want to be in the $100/$200 range then the TACTACAM Reveal X, or in the near future the TACTACAM REVEAL SK

FYI: Spypoint will releasing the LINK-S-DARK soon, it will retail for $299....no reviews yet, but it looks promising 

I have Reveals and have no issues with them, I connected them to external battery boxes and they last months before recharge, and I get great pictures on my Verizon phone. This is a recent photo.

962147.jpg

IMG_2183.JPG

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Spypoint Micros also.  Like said above do the updates and  no issues so far.  Doing updates is not hard. 1 to 2 times a year.  Just remember none of them are perfect.  

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Spy Point I have no issues with them the customer service with me is been good when I call someone  answer actually they called me yesterday for promotional thing I don't upgrade mine every year if it don't need it I don't bother unless I run into a problem I run 6 all year long

I use Covert for the last 3 years. Clear pics, great video. Pictures come real time within 30s  not in batches once /day. Remote access to your setting from the app.  Battery life is great and I never had one single issue with them.  Updates are simple and in fact the on new cams it is automatic. 

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, bushden said:

I have Reveals and have no issues with them, I connected them to external battery boxes and they last months before recharge, and I get great pictures on my Verizon phone. This is a recent photo.

962147.jpg

IMG_2183.JPG

Which external packs are you using and will they work with the new Reveal X ?

40 minutes ago, OMC said:

Which external packs are you using and will they work with the new Reveal X ?

I am using Herd 360's DIY external box, here is the website. I am not sure if it works with Reveal X but I am sure Herd can tell you.

I changed the cables on mine to braided because of the squirrels chewing them up.

https://www.herd360.com/collections/diy-external-power-products/products/diy-external-battery-box-tactacam-reveal

USS NY.jpg

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

10 hours ago, Turkeyslayer said:

What kind do you guys have what are you looking at I been looking at spy point but it worries me

Private or public? If on public might want to go with something a little less expensive in case it gets stolen. Just my .02…