IGNORED

Tech heads….need new phone….now what!?!?

Bonefreak

Wife bought me a used iPhone 7 last year for $200 and the charging port seems a bit reamed out….I have to wiggle the wire just exactly right to get the little lightning bolt charging icon to appear….it has become increasingly difficult and frustrating ….are these charging ports repairable!!??

I have a monthly plan w T Mobile and I think I want to stay with a month to month plan rather than getting locked into a contract…may end up going off-grid sooner than later!  Lol

T Mobile said to try Best Buy for an “unlocked” phone so they can assign it to my monthly plan …whatever the heck an unlocked phone is!

I can spend around $500. I use the phone for texting, calls, photos, & going on NJWW, Bassmaster, Blue Crab Forum, weather sites, and some conservative news sites.

I am done inserting charging wires into these things and need one of these fancy new phones that charge up by resting on a charge port. 

My work phone is a nice new Samsung w Verizon that always seems to have good service….not sure if T Mobile can do Samsung monthly plans….or if Verizon can do monthly plans?

Im also not a big fan of Apple politics going on…why stay loyal to iPhones??

as much as I hate these things i guess it’s time for a new fancy one

Any techie advice on this crap?!

That phone can be repaired, try Batteries and Bulbs excellent prices and fast service. I had a battery replaced in 30 minutes. You will spend less than $100 and can use the remaining $400 to buy a new gun!

This link is for store in Hamilton, but they are a chain and have stores spread across NJ

Here is their website:  https://www.batteriesplus.com/store-locator/nj/hamiltontownship/batteries-plus-929?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=local&utm_campaign=bpb&storecode=929

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I agree with Dennis about repair, but you can also try this web site.  

https://swappa.com/

Unlocked phones just mean you can use it on any carrier.  I have bought all our phones (at least 8 in the last 5 years thru the site) and never had any issues.

You can pick up an iphone 11 in good condition for under 500.  you can also go older and buy a gun as Dennis suggested!!!!

Good luck

1 minute ago, Horn63 said:

Try using a small paperclip or pin in the port to remove debris. Sometime mine gets clogged up with lint from being in my pocket.

I tried spraying Dust Off air spray in there…worked a while ago but not anymore. 

Phone is fixable 

My cousin is a Manger for Verizon Wireless Retail Store,  she told me years ago, no matter of the cellular company never purchase from their retail stores, she did recommend BEST BUYS at times they give gift cards to gain your business. 

Few months ago I replaced my phone with a SAMSUNG S21 I purchased directly from SAMSUNG on their website, they gave me a small first responder discount,  and gave me the best trade in value and it was significantly more then BEST BUYS and Verizon.  I purchased the insurance through SAMSUNG and they bill me directly per month.

It's a simple purchase,  pick they phone you like, your cellular company,  insurance if you like, and some other information....phone comes next day or two

4 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Wife bought me a used iPhone 7 last year for $200 and the charging port seems a bit reamed out….I have to wiggle the wire just exactly right to get the little lightning bolt charging icon to appear….it has become increasingly difficult and frustrating ….are these charging ports repairable!!??

I have a monthly plan w T Mobile and I think I want to stay with a month to month plan rather than getting locked into a contract…may end up going off-grid sooner than later!  Lol

T Mobile said to try Best Buy for an “unlocked” phone so they can assign it to my monthly plan …whatever the heck an unlocked phone is!

I can spend around $500. I use the phone for texting, calls, photos, & going on NJWW, Bassmaster, Blue Crab Forum, weather sites, and some conservative news sites.

I am done inserting charging wires into these things and need one of these fancy new phones that charge up by resting on a charge port. 

My work phone is a nice new Samsung w Verizon that always seems to have good service….not sure if T Mobile can do Samsung monthly plans….or if Verizon can do monthly plans?

Im also not a big fan of Apple politics going on…why stay loyal to iPhones??

as much as I hate these things i guess it’s time for a new fancy one

Any techie advice on this crap?!

I had the same problem 

Local guy fixed it for me for $20. The charging port was just dirty and all they had to do is clean it,. I think they can replace it as well, if needed. 

for what its worth, i have had the rugged line of cell phones for ever. first was the rugged flip phone. then got another rugged phone in the smart phone version. and now i have another. all of my phones have lasted 3+ years. i bet my flip phone still works if i turn it on lol.

i never need a case for the phones. they are waterproof(i can even take photos underwater). the dont overheat if i left it out in the sun. and i charge it once a day( in the evening) then im good for all the next day. also the glass is saphire. i can take my keys and try to scratch the screen but it doesnt happen. 

my first rugged smart phone i even threw into a 60 gallon fish tank and let it sink to the bottom. left it there for 15 min. removed it and was still working like nothing happen. great phones IMO. i really hope they never stop making them.

a guy at work has a smart phone but with the  otter case around it. its so bulky. maybe im just use to no case. 

Edited by Kype