IGNORED

Good Yardage to sight in scope

alabjr

So I have a Remington 597 .22lr that came with a scope, and I have a H&R Ultra Slug gun (12ga) with a Bushnell scope on it that I bought from a NJWW friend. I’d like to eventually take them both to the Clinton WMA rifle range for a day of sighting them both in.

I’m reading lots of conflicting info about what’s the best yardage to sight in each (especially with the .22lr, since the bullet seems to drop significantly).

-The .22lr is so far just for fun at the range, but would love to take it out to PA one day for squirrels or in NJ if someone wants to invite me over to take out some groundhogs on their property (hint hint... anyone offering? Lol)
-The slug gun I’d be using for NJ deer hunting probably around 100yds max is what I’d be comfortable shooting. 

I know obviously experimenting with what specific ammo each gun “likes” is important and I’ll continue to do that before I finalize my zero, but I’m curious and just strictly asking about what yardage you guys recommend for each. 

Start all zero sightings at 25 yards, then tune to 100. Once you know your H&R is sighted at 100 learn what it will do out to 200 in increments of 25 yards.   Have fun and let us know how you make out.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

16 minutes ago, bushden said:

Start all zero sightings at 25 yards, then tune to 100. Once you know your H&R is sighted at 100 learn what it will do out to 200 in increments of 25 yards.   Have fun and let us know how you make out.

Agreed

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"

50 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

For hunting guns read about maximum point blank range.this is how I sight my hunting guns. This way you always aim where you want to hit, regardless of distance, to make a kill. The system really works 

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/point-blank-range.php#:~:text=This calculates the maximum point,the largest MPBR as possible.

Pretty interesting.....