IGNORED

Heritage Trail-- Walk/Run- 6/27/2021.

Fred Flintstone

I never walked or ran the entire thing but always saw wildlife. I remember when camp laguardia was there a lot of people were nervous to use it in fear of being mugged or worse. I used to work in monroe and it was right behind our shop so i would walk it a little  lunch break  some days 

40 minutes ago, hemlock said:

I never walked or ran the entire thing but always saw wildlife. I remember when camp laguardia was there a lot of people were nervous to use it in fear of being mugged or worse. I used to work in monroe and it was right behind our shop so i would walk it a little  lunch break  some days 

Do you remember  the open Land off of Greycourt Road where the Orange County Federation of Sportsman's  Clubs would release Pheasants every Fall? 

Heritage Trail runs right next to that land which is now a Park. No Hunting of course..

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Do you remember  the open Land off of Greycourt Road where the Orange County Federation of Sportsman's  Clubs would release Pheasants every Fall? 

Heritage Trail runs right next to that land which is now a Park. No Hunting of course..

I remember that was really cool. They used to stock the prettiest rainbows in the neversink river too all were 14-16". They would get them from a hatchery in  Rhode island and they held over and were 19-21" and the most incredible fighters next spring that was in the early 90s. 

Wife and i used to ride that on the tandem, but it was only developed from goshen to monroe, 9 miles.  There was a good deli in monroe where we would get lunch, but it had burned down last time we were there.  Couple times I left from the house, road through pine island and road the trail.  Good roads to bike

Edited by Greybeard

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Wife and i used to ride that on the tandem, but it was only developed from goshen to monroe, 9 miles.  There was a good deli in monroe where we would get lunch, but it had burned down last time we were there.  Couple times I left from the house, road through pine island and road the trail.  Good roads to bike

Be a great place for your photography skills too.