IGNORED

Should It Be Legal To Hunt With Drones?

I think it would be fun to see the footage but... I say no. You know why? Because then we are going to start seeing drones all over the woods (from malfunctions, dead batteries, collisions with trees, etc - it already happened to me about 5 years ago! Private piece I had permission on, and I found a downed drone on the property - no one should have been here, but someone flew it on the property and somehow it crashed. I still have the mini-SD card from that thing - it's in my garmin GPS. Thank you to the jerk who littered the woods with the drone  - at least I got a memory card out of it).

Or.. you are going to be in the woods for some peace and quiet and then you are going to hear that buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz overhead and you're going to be annoyed.

You think its annoying seeing tree stands every 50 yards in some places? Wait a few years after drones are legal - you won't be able to get away for some peace and quiet - you'll be hearing that buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all over the place.

IMO, NJ did a good thing making it illegal. Can we at least put SOME limits on technology? Otherwise, why not just be able to sit at home with goggles on my face and fly an armed drone and hunt from the couch? Has to be a line drawn somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

In Alaska you can’t even hunt on the day you fly in

OOOH!!! Is THAT why that law is in place??? I always wondered why you couldn't hunt on the day you fly in... now I get it!! They don't want people scouting while flying in, then landing and hunting the game they saw while in the air. Interesting. I learned something today.

7 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

OOOH!!! Is THAT why that law is in place??? I always wondered why you couldn't hunt on the day you fly in... now I get it!! They don't want people scouting while flying in, then landing and hunting the game they saw while in the air. Interesting. I learned something today.

Yes!