IGNORED

Hogs galore...

B B

Left a field littered with hogs this evening.  Love the baby beans.  Up to 56 with 425 +/- being my longest so far.  Seems to be more than usual this year, but I think it's more so the fact that everyone planted beans.  Only down side is I can't do much ballistics observations or even get pics cause I can't walk in the fields.  The pics I do have probably wouldn't go over to well with some if the internet police.  Worse than that, when the pup hears the gun go off he's expecting me to cut him loose to go get em.  He gave me the cold shoulder the whole drive home.  Think I'm gonna get one of them Tactacam scope mounts that shows what you're seeing through the scope.  Anyone ever try one of them?  

Anyone else out whacking them?  Weathers been perfect for it.

Edited by B B

14 minutes ago, ratherbhunting said:

What state are you shooting hogs in?  I went to Georgia 2 years ago, there were more hogs down there than I could of imagined.  Lets see some pictures anyway.

I believe he means groundhogs . 

30 minutes ago, ratherbhunting said:

What state are you shooting hogs in?  I went to Georgia 2 years ago, there were more hogs down there than I could of imagined.  Lets see some pictures anyway.

I know, hogs means pigs to me too

I'd love to. I need to find some more places that have them and are huntable. I only have a few places I can go but this year those fields had either 3 foot tall grass by early June or they were corn and the 'hogs weren't around at the time when the stalks were low enough to hunt them. Another year lost. I even scouted a few new places this year and couldn't find a single groundhog.

Yeah it's a PITA with some crops.  Beans grow slow and give ya plenty of time to get at em.  Also, got lucky and some of my other fields are alfalfa and they were just cut.  When that shits high they can hide like a bitch and when they run out they're in their hole before ya can even think about setting up for a shot.  At least with alfalfa, I know every 28 days or so its's getting cut and it's game on for a week or two.

Edited by B B

Hi All, I’m just getting back into Groundhog hunting after a long hiatus.  Doing some searching I found this thread which seemed like a nice place to stop in and say hey. 

I got out early spring and found a dozen fresh holes.  Had some luck in the evenings which is when I like to go but with all the holes I’ve only seen a couple. Shot 2 so far.  Curious if anyone here has better luck early morning vs evenings?

52 minutes ago, Heath68 said:

Hi All, I’m just getting back into Groundhog hunting after a long hiatus.  Doing some searching I found this thread which seemed like a nice place to stop in and say hey. 

I got out early spring and found a dozen fresh holes.  Had some luck in the evenings which is when I like to go but with all the holes I’ve only seen a couple. Shot 2 so far.  Curious if anyone here has better luck early morning vs evenings?

Welcome to the site! :welcome:

3 hours ago, Heath68 said:

Morning can be just as productive.  

I’ll have to get out early and see.  I’ve been so inconsistent in going recently and having a hard time finding the best time, although any time spent in the fields is a good time. 

Was curious what others had noticed.   Of course the  Farmer says he sees them all the time! 

12 minutes ago, Heath68 said:

I’ll have to get out early and see.  I’ve been so inconsistent in going recently and having a hard time finding the best time, although any time spent in the fields is a good time. 

Was curious what others had noticed.   Of course the  Farmer says he sees them all the time! 

I go when I can, last time I killed six between 11am and 1 pm. I also refuse to get up early just to hunt groundhogs :happywave:

Edited by Lunatic