IGNORED

6/23/21 - Shell Recycling Program

3 minutes ago, NJDFW said:

That's a great idea, we need to do as much recycling as possible in every area of waste.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

8 hours ago, MPSR said:

They should do this with real spent shells on the pheasant grounds. Fields are a mess by end of the season. I wish they’d make it a rule to pick up your spent shells.

I actually thought that is what this thread was going to be about when I read the title :D Yeah. And I admit, I'm guilty. I often forget to pick up my shells. It's hard in the pheasant fields and using a semi,though - the shells eject so far and into the tall grass sometimes its impossible to find them.

Maybe they should set up some volunteer days at the end of the season -- just get a group of folks to police the fields and pick up any shells they find. I bet the guys who frequent a particular field wouldn't have a problem cleaning up the fields they use.

5 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I actually thought that is what this thread was going to be about when I read the title :D Yeah. And I admit, I'm guilty. I often forget to pick up my shells. It's hard in the pheasant fields and using a semi,though - the shells eject so far and into the tall grass sometimes its impossible to find them.

Maybe they should set up some volunteer days at the end of the season -- just get a group of folks to police the fields and pick up any shells they find. I bet the guys who frequent a particular field wouldn't have a problem cleaning up the fields they use.

I set up a day in early spring at Flatbrook when I was in scouts to do just that, as a community service project that the scouts need for advancing.  Good place to start if you know any scout leaders in your town.  Win win