IGNORED

Arizona trail cam ban.... Can you imagine?

what would we do, should NJ ever take this stance?    I have often pondered weaning myself off of them - still refuse to get cell cams...  I don't think I would hunt any differently but would sure miss the pictures, especially watching them grow.    I would probably end up hunting "more" not knowing what mature bucks might be frequenting an area. 

https://www.gohunt.com/read/news/new-information-on-the-potential-arizona-trail-camera-ban#gs.41qctc

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I went without it for about 10 years and felt liberated by it. I hated the trips to get the pics, and it subconsciously pinned me to hunting a very limited area. 
I went back with cell cams but really only for entertainment value. The way I hunt now the cam is not a tool for me. 

just imagine one year in NJ they eliminate baiting and trail cams. In two years the anti establishment would be bagging is to kill more

I have a cell cam set up on my buddies property in MD. It was a gift from my wife, and it’s pretty cool. I like it for out of state cause I can’t check it. I don’t really use them much her in NJ. I used to a lot but it gets a little ridiculous when you’re looking at your watch “4:53 they should be here in 5 mins”. I missed the feeling of surprise and excitement. A ban wouldn’t bother me, but that’s just cause I don’t use them. I understand their purpose and don’t knock anyone who uses them. Although I do think they’ve taken a lot of the woodsmanship out of the game

I use them in my spot near the house but not on my Club property. Don't need the aggravation of getting it stolen. I never used a camera up until I got one for a gift about 5 years ago. I can live without them. I have fixed stands I hunt no matter what. Deer can be at anyone of them anytime. It's a crap shoot. You just have to be there. I have seen deer on camera I never killed and killed deer I never had on camera so it's not a foolproof system. 

All you have to say is, "I'm just setting it up so I can get pictures of wildlife for my scrapbook". How could they possibly enforce this?

Reading the comments, it looks like this is about 50/50 support among hunters - sounds like the same thing here when it comes to baiting and deer drives :) I guess people are people no matter where you live; always something to argue about :)

8 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Crazy!...next thing ya know, they'll be banning baiting for turkeys :stirring:

I doubt it that's would take our legislators to write a new law.  The illegal FW regulation is working just fine.  Those who get caught and are dumb enough to pay the fine make it easy for them to make fools.  

11 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

If we ever had a trail cam and bait ban, I would bet 90% of NJ hunters would quit!

I dont think they would quit until the 2nd season when they stopped killing a dozen does and their earn a bucks so easy.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

They can't enforce such a ridiculous ban.  They have to prove intent and can't.  The hunter would have to admit it.  He would have to also dispute it in court.  An honest judge would dismiss it.

FW went thru it in NJ about feeding bears.  The lady disputed it in court and believe it or not FW lost.  Imagune that! An honest judge in NJ!