IGNORED

Greenwood lake

Psehunter

I haven't seen this on here about greenwood lake. No marina on greenwood is allowing anyone to launch their boats leaving the lake locked from any access to it so their is a fight with NJ and ny to put in a public launch someplace. Nj stocks these water with fish but yet we have no access to fish it. Figures I would just help spread the word . Thanks for looking.

http://chng.it/RysHvTgLh2

PUBLIC BOAT LAUNCH (ES) ON GREENWOOD LAKE

1,460 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!

At 1,500 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!

UNITED FRESHWATER ANGLERS OF NEW JERSEY (UFANJ) started this petition to Mayor Township of West Milford MAYOR MICHELE DALE TOWNSHIP OF WEST MILFORD NJ and 8 others

WHERAS: RECREATIONAL FISHERMEN, TOURNAMENT FISHERMEN, AND FISHING GUIDES SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO ACCESS A FREE PUBLIC LAUNCH RAMP (S) ON THE SHORES OF GREENWOOD LAKE (NY/NJ) DUE TO THE GROWING AND APPARENT PRIVATIZATION OF THIS RESOURCE BY LANDOWNERS/MARINA OWNERS/OPERATORS AND STAFF.  GREENWOOD LAKE IS A STOCKED WATERBODY: ITS FISHERIES HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED THROUGH INPUT BY THE NYS DEPT.  OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION AND THE NEW JERSEY DIVISION OF FISH AND WILDLIFE TO ENSURE AND CREATE A PLEASURABLE FISHING EXPERIENCE FOR THOSE INCLINED TO TAKE PART IN THE RESOURCE.  IT IS THEREFORE CRITICAL, AND OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE THAT A STATE BOAT LAUNCH (S) /AREAS (S) BE BUILT /INSTALLED ALONG THE SHORES OF GREENWOOD LAKE.  AN ENVIRONMENT MUST BE CREATED TO ALLOW AND PERMIT FREE/EASY ACCESS TO GREENWOOD LAKE FOR THOSE HAVING SPENT THEIR MONEY ON REQUIRED FISHING LICENSES THAT GENERATE REVENUE TO DEVELOP AND CONTINUE THE FISHERIES ON GREENWOOD LAKE.  

WE ARE ALSO IN FAVOR OF THE STATE LEGISLATURE PASSING LEGISLATION FOR A USER FEE DEDICATED FOR THE BUILDING OF A PUBLIC LAUNCH AND THIS FEE WOULD BE PAID BY THE MARINA OWNERS ON ALL CRAFT EITHER DOCKED OR LAUNCHED FROM THEIR FACILITIES.  EXPLANATION: MARINA OWNERS HAVE BEEN COLLECTING LAUNCH FEES FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS FROM FISHERMEN.  NONE OF THIS MONEY HAS EVER BEEN USED TO BUILD A PUBLIC LAUNCH WHICH IS NOW NECESSARY.

WE THE UNDERSIGNED PETITION THE:_______________________________ AS FOLLOWS

-TO CREATE /BUILD/INSTALL A PUBLIC LAUNCH RAMP(S) ON THE SHORE(S) OF GREENWOOD LAKE FOR ALL FISHERMEN TO USE.

-TO ALLOW THIS PUBLIC LAUNCH RAMP 24-HOUR ACCESS

- TO ALLOW THIS PUBLIC LAUNCH RAMP TO BE OPEN AND ALLOW ACCESS REGARDLESS OF SEASON (SPRING, SUMMER, FALL, WINTER)

-TO PROVIDE AMPLE PARKING AREA/FACILITIES ONCE THE BOAT IS LAUNCHED

-TO CREATE LEGISLATION FOR A USER FEE DEDICATED FOR THE BUILDING OF A PUBLIC LAUNCH(ES) AND THIS FEE WOULD BE PAID FOR BY THE MARINA OWNERS ON ALL CRAFT EITHER DOCKED OR LAUNCHED FROM THEIR FACILITIES.

There is one easy way to fix this.  All the town council needs to do is mention that they are considering using eminent domain to turn one of the marinas into a public launch.  They will open their launches the next day to the public.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I was just there, it was a Sunday bike trip, on the south east side of the lake -NY.Had lunch at some Irish place, with mainly Italian menu, and they had a ramp in front at $40 fee. However I don’t remember much of a parking lot to accommodate trailers 

Edited by Lunatic

4 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Why does NJ stock a lake that has no public boat access?

Because you can also fish from shore.  Also, there are thousands of boats on the lake regardless of the lack of public launching.  We used to pay local marinas a launch fee back in the day, so my guess is that the lake got jammed with people ever since the pandemic hit and that hasn't slowed down yet.  

32 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

so my guess is that the lake got jammed with people ever since the pandemic hit and that hasn't slowed down yet.  

100% correct. The marinas could let people launch however they lacked the parking needed to accommodate the influx of boaters. Browns Point is the area under discussion however there is a lot of pushback due to the amount of area the park would lose to the large parking area needed

AWM

So there is public access to the shoreline without paying a fee? (It isn't just wrapped all the way around with private property I assume)?

This is on the far northern tip of New Jersey - might as well be the moon to me, so I don't know the area ;) 

27 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

So there is public access to the shoreline without paying a fee? (It isn't just wrapped all the way around with private property I assume)?

This is on the far northern tip of New Jersey - might as well be the moon to me, so I don't know the area ;) 

Brown’s Point Park would be one of those access points. I’m not sure where, if any, exists in the NY section which is approximately 60% of the lake. 

There is probably huge pushback from the residents living there.
In comparison, at the private Lees Marina/State Park years back when the beach access was denied, we expanded the docks, boat storage and picnic area.
The ramp was there and the land was too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I was just there, it was a Sunday bike trip, on the south east side of the lake -NY.Had lunch at some Irish place, with mainly Italian menu, and they had a ramp in front at $40 fee. However I don’t remember much of a parking lot to accommodate trailers 

Next time you’re out that way check out The Helm.