IGNORED

Fishing in Mahwah?

smungung

Sup guys, gotta head up to Mahwah for the weekend. Anyone know of places around there with public fishing access? Been looking around on Google maps and everything I can see seems to be either private or surrounded by private property. Trying to target anything freshwater that’s not a trout. Don’t wanna burn anyone’s spots so pm me if you’re willing to pass a lead, thanks! 

Smungung

19 hours ago, smungung said:

Sup guys, gotta head up to Mahwah for the weekend. Anyone know of places around there with public fishing access? Been looking around on Google maps and everything I can see seems to be either private or surrounded by private property. Trying to target anything freshwater that’s not a trout. Don’t wanna burn anyone’s spots so pm me if you’re willing to pass a lead, thanks! 

Some awesome offer's smung, hope you're out there catching, rooting for you, expect an update and PICTURES!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Lake tamarack off skyline drive has decent bank fishing. Bass/pickerel. Potash lake as mentioned before. Sucks for bank but good for boat/kayak. Also the wanaque river just past the falls in Pompton lakes. All kinds of goodies in there. Smallmouth, pike…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Timo said:

Lake tamarack off skyline drive has decent bank fishing. Bass/pickerel. Potash lake as mentioned before. Sucks for bank but good for boat/kayak. Also the wanaque river just past the falls in Pompton lakes. All kinds of goodies in there. Smallmouth, pike…

A little far from Mahwah.lolLake tamarack, as in what used to be the boy scout camp tamarack?

That's open to the public now?

I used to be a scoutmaster and a campmaster there. Never fished ice out,the boys had a blast ice fishing though. Pickerel and yellow perch on shiners. More of a large pond than a lake, 3-4 acres, half hour walk from skyline drive unless you have four wheel drive.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

A little far from Mahwah.lolLake tamarack, as in what used to be the boy scout camp tamarack?
That's open to the public now?
I used to be a scoutmaster and a campmaster there. Never fished ice out,the boys had a blast ice fishing though. Pickerel and yellow perch on shiners. More of a large pond than a lake, 3-4 acres, half hour walk from skyline drive unless you have four wheel drive.

Not far from mahwah at all. One town over. Yup same “lake”. It’s one of the few lakes that have good shore access to decent spots. If not the Halden reservoir on the border of Halden and Franklin lake has some very nice size bass in it with easy access.

30 minutes ago, Timo said:

Not far from mahwah at all. One town over. Yup same “lake”. It’s one of the few lakes that have good shore access to decent spots. If not the Halden reservoir on the border of Halden and Franklin lake has some very nice size bass in it with easy access.

OK,typo do you mean Haledon?