IGNORED

New Addition To " THE BOX".

Fred Flintstone

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Up to Turkey #122.   Hopefully one Spring day,I  can get on Private ground and see what it is like.

Hope Y'All liked this short Thread on " The Box". :)

I hunt all public land by choice.  Private land is not always what it appears to be.  Turkeys are turkeys no matter what land, just adjust tactics.  Ive killed more turkeys here in NJ and across the country then I could ever remember.  Land ownership never mattered if you did your homework.  I have thousands of acres of private land to hunt and i almost never set foot on any to hunt anymore due to rules, trespassing, etc.  Btw, nice collection but find a way to make a nice display for all of them!

I think hunting Turkey on private land in NJ maybe harder than public land. Simple reason is private properties are small and one day they are there but next day and actually many days they are somewhere else and you can not go after them. I hunt 600 acres and there are great days but because they move so much most of the time I hear them beyond my reach. 

Pretty nice collection #122 is an impressive number.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

22 minutes ago, bushden said:

Pretty nice collection #122 is an impressive number.

Thanks . Of course that is 3 States - Spring + Fall - Pennsylvania, New York, + New Jersey. Hunted in PA for 20 years. Just NY + NJ now.

Those first 5 Springs were Tough with No Mentor. I am Self Taught.

Once,I  broke the ice- the Hunting got easier.

I still make alot of mistakes out there.

Of course,I  have taken people out alot and given away my opening days and prime early days to help them or ,I  might have taken a bunch more.

I might be too nice of a guy- lol!

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

10 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

All Dried Out. Spur Pair of the 23lb+ Gobbler, I  killed in New York. Only killed one this year- but he was a Whopper 3 year old.

Coming up next- pic of " The Box". Note my little makeshift " Necklace " of 7 Gobbler Spurs on the Box Top.

6 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Thanks . Of course that is 3 States - Spring + Fall - Pennsylvania, New York, + New Jersey. Hunted in PA for 20 years. Just NY + NJ now.

Those first 5 Springs were Tough with No Mentor. I am Self Taught.

Once,I  broke the ice- the Hunting got easier.

I still make alot of mistakes out there.

Of course,I  have taken people out alot and given away my opening days and prime early days to help them or ,I  might have taken a bunch more.

image.png.b7277a1f3a532cb820da4317fff9c3f7.png

image.png

7 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Show up one at the woods and water get togethers and we'll decide.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

My buddy does this as well. Every year his family orders a few birds from the Turkey farms for the holidays.. He asks them to cut the feet of to add to the box of spurs.. kinda funny but he gets his 3 sets of spurs every year for the box.. At 122 at least we know now your the reason the decline in Turkeys in the state...

I keep records guys.I see no problem  with that. 

It is the same 7 to 8 members who are going out of their way to post negativity  against  me.

I have no problem  with that- as long as other members know what is going on. 

Just Scroll on past any of my Threads if you disagree with any of my content.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.