IGNORED

Knee surgery report Day 23

bushden

Well on day 23 I am driving  without any issues  (left knee surgery), doing exercises 2-3 times a day and going on morning walks around the neighborhood. Pain is now down to almost nothing and the new knee is much better than the other knee.

Doc said I was progressing better than most and leg is already at 110 degree bend 120 and beyond is the standard goal I am really shooting for 130-140 so I can climb ladder into stand without effort.   Exercise regiment is a must, it you let it go the knee will be stiff forever.  Dock said two to three months at I should be at 80% and a full year before I feel like the knee was mine.

If you are thinking about getting it done DON'T WAIT, after the 1st week I had less pain than before the surgery and I am looking forward to doing the second knee right after the RUT this year so I will be ready to go for Turkey in April.

The worst day was day 3/4 after that it was a little better everyday. I can now walk up and down inclined driveway with no pain in repaired knee and walk for 30 minutes in neighborhood with no pain only stiffness which gets less everyday.

The picture you see shows most of the bruising is gone the redness is only from the ice pack I just took off after exercise.

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GETTING SURGERY AND WANT TO TALK PM ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY NUMBER and I would be happy to talk about the experience either on the phone or over a beer at my house.  DON'T put off the surgery it is worth the effort.

day 23.JPG

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Glad it's all working out.  I really need it done now, but hoping to make it through until Feb to do it.  That way I'll have plenty of time to get back to normal before hunting season.  And somebody else will have to shovel the snow.  Also have 2 biceps that need repair after knee is done.  Doc wanted to remove a piece of intestine that's inflamed from crohn's, but covid stopped that.  Like to get that done too if there's time so my max out of pocket may apply.

Edited by Greybeard

Glad to see you're making good progress. You'll be in sitting in the treestand with ease.

My sister had a partial knee replacement done several months ago. It makes a big difference for anyone needing one one.

As for all the bruising that's normally down the leg it is from the tourniquet they place around the leg during surgery.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Glad it's all working out.  I really need it done now, but hoping to make it through until Feb to do it.  That way I'll have plenty of time to get back to normal before hunting season.  And somebody else will have to shovel the snow.  Also have 2 biceps that need repair after knee is done.  Doc wanted to remove a piece of intestine that's inflamed from crohn's, but covid stopped that.  Like to get that done too if theirs time so my max out of pocket may apply.

I already had intestine surgery after a bad diverticulitis attack 4 years ago.  Intestines have not been right since but better than before. Get the knee surgery it is not so bad. I am going to do the other knee right after thanksgiving so I am ready for Turkey and still get in deer during the rut

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Great news.

Did they say how long replacements last?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford