IGNORED

Coming to NJ if they cancel the bear hunt

Rather Be Hunting

Please, we have the most populated state in the nation, yet we're all liberals so we all get along together even the animals. If you don't notice it insert sarcasm

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

53 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Yep!.. He's been balled & chained!

https://aplnj.org/black-bears/

That article is EXACTLY. Why they win .

those opposed to hunting and fishing get off their asses and do what ever it takes to win .

hunters and fisherman in NJ sit back and say Oh that won’t happen and don’t do ANYTHING. To help their cause .

.just educating the people who don’t hunt but aren’t anti hunters  would stop this nonsense from taking hold .

SQUEEKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Murphy will listen to and follow the lying propaganda from the bear hugging liberals before he will listen to statistics, DFW, biologists, or us,  because it fits his agenda and gains him votes.  There is little or no chance he will gain any votes by pleasing a bear hunter.  These bear lovers are showing themselves to be the liars, and it won't take long to prove to the public what uneducated fools they and Murphy are.  

Bear hunts are cruel and do not reduce complaints or incidents.

Bear Smart initiatives (education, garbage control, and other nonlethal methods) are the only solution.

People experiencing direct Bear issues are a small minority. Hunters in NJ are a small minority. Together they make up a minority. The only hope are Biologists that make recommendations on how to curb their growth. Bears are like any other animal. They need to be controlled. Where are the Biologists on this issue? If Murphy believes "science", as he stated for over a year with Covid, he should listen to what Biologists and Game Management professionals say, not frantic people speaking out of emotion.  You can't pick and choose what science you trust. 

It shouldn't be a political/emotional fight. It should be science based. 

We do have a Division of Fish and Game. Let them do their job. 

Edited by archer36

23 minutes ago, archer36 said:

People experiencing direct Bear issues are a small minority. Hunters in NJ are a small minority. Together they make up a minority. The only hope are Biologists that make recommendations on how to curb their growth. Bears are like any other animal. They need to be controlled. Where are the Biologists on this issue? If Murphy believes "science", as he stated for over a year with Covid, he should listen to what Biologists and Game Management professionals say, not frantic people speaking out of emotion.  You can't pick and choose what science you trust. 

I agree with you. Bear problem is mostly in Sussex County. So definitely the minority of the state. Most people have not actually seen a bear in NJ, so it is easy to say there isn't an over abundance. I could kill one anytime I want since the season opened. So my point, the majority doesn't think we need a bear hunt and as you stated, the science is ignored while emotions rule.

15 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I agree with you. Bear problem is mostly in Sussex County. So definitely the minority of the state. Most people have not actually seen a bear in NJ, so it is easy to say there isn't an over abundance. I could kill one anytime I want since the season opened. So my point, the majority doesn't think we need a bear hunt and as you stated, the science is ignored while emotions rule.

But when he made the announcement he said we need to be guided by science. There is science and there is political science or science fiction. You tell me what this idiot, and people who voted for him,  are guided by.

Edited by Lunatic

On 6/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, archer36 said:

Why does it matter whether hunters are a minority or not?  In PA hunters a minority as well as compared to the general population.

Wasn't the CBBMP science based?  Studies and research garnered from PH.d professors at East Stroudburg University and other research from bear biologists.  I thought that qualified as science based and was exactly what DFW  did.   But Murphy isn't concerned with that research, he is concerned with how his wife feels and what the anti-hunters feel so he is a hypocrite. 

The DFW, had an opportunity to confront his hypocrisy and use the same research and findings to extend the plan and not separate it from the game code because it was working even though Murphy didn't like it.  They did not do their job, they caved to his pressure. 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:02 PM, stratocaster said:

Why does it matter whether hunters are a minority or not?  In PA hunters a minority as well as compared to the general population.

Wasn't the CBBMP science based?  Studies and research garnered from PH.d professors at East Stroudburg University and other research from bear biologists.  I thought that qualified as science based and was exactly what DFW  did.   But Murphy isn't concerned with that research, he is concerned with how his wife feels and what the anti-hunters feel so he is a hypocrite. 

The DFW, had an opportunity to confront his hypocrisy and use the same research and findings to extend the plan and not separate it from the game code because it was working even though Murphy didn't like it.  They did not do their job, they caved to his pressure. 

If he doesn't follow the science, he is a hypocrite.

Game laws and hunting regulations guided only by science is a dangerous precedent by itself.  A time may come when "the science" is good enough to control game populations without hunting and "killing".  That's what they are working on now.   Hunting itself,  as a right of the people, must be argued and implemented with "the science".

Edited by Nomad