IGNORED

Caught first keeper thresher

Blackfin89

@JHbowhunter Thanks, been sharking a lot just either too short or not the right one. This was the captains first time out for them and all three of our first time boating one. And it went very smoothly at the end when normally it’s chaos the guys did a great job. And than the captain having to drive back with a tail basically in the steering wheel he handled everything like a pro.

9 hours ago, Blackfin89 said:

@JHbowhunter Thanks, been sharking a lot just either too short or not the right one. This was the captains first time out for them and all three of our first time boating one. And it went very smoothly at the end when normally it’s chaos the guys did a great job. And than the captain having to drive back with a tail basically in the steering wheel he handled everything like a pro.

Sharked a LOT back in 90’s.  Experiences I cannot possibly describe but one day we hooked a great white and I leadered it a few times 8 hours into the fight after it kicked everyone’s ass but eventually the 50# mono wore out which was just as well.  30’ Black Watch had an 11’ beam the shark was a foot longer on each side.  It was probably last year could have legally killed one.  The boat owners were pissed I was relieved just not equipped to deal with that.  Fast forward 10 years the owner had a new 42’ Henriques and we battled what I believe was a state record thresher in same location. Battled all day.  3 anglers.  Finished it off from gunwale rod holder and later held a thresher on leader of 11’ body and 18’ with tale.  Had to be over 700#.   We had boat in gear holding shark on leader for photo shoots and video but nothing quality by today’s standards.   I do have a few bad pics and video. We decided that with it being 5pm and 3.5 hour ride back to let it go.  Too much to deal with. We felt it would just go to waste and I snipped it free.  Perhaps one of the greatest experiences of my life. And never sharked much after that other than reef and bull sharks in Bahamas with my son.   With that crew we caught so many Mako Blue Brown  Thresher and even Hammerhead sharks I cannot count.  Then there was the tuna....... I was in my 20’s  into young 30’s - then my friend that owned the boat died.  Choking on a piece of steak.  At dinner with his wife.  You can’t make it up.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….